test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

fac 4028 doff.

deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
So, I've done the 4/5 mission about 5 times now, with purple duty officers, none with the ability to fail... and yet, 5 failures... in a row.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    No idea what assignment you're talking about but the strike against fugitive network assignment works fine.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the last assignment, i keep failing and i've put officers that should cause success, none of them failures... yet it failed... 5 times.
  • alexrichardsalexrichards Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not having a red trait /= a guaranteed success (even with purples) - you only get a 100% success rate if the pie chart has no orange/red in it (failure/disaster). Purple quality doffs just provide a 20% quality reward bonus (stack-able) increasing your rewards in the event of a success/critical success.
    Admiral Alex 'Grumpy Cat' Richards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What you looking @ Admiral?"
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A string of failures in a row doesn't mean the mission is broken. It just means you got bad rolls. Having five in a row is unlikely, but the odds of any one run through of the mission failing are whatever the pie graph says it is. If the way you're putting in Doffs has 10% fail and 5% disaster, then you have a 15% chance of failing it. Assuming you keep putting in the same Doffs, your chance to fail next time is 15%, and the time after that 15%. You could fail that mission every day for the next year, but the odds of failure are still 15%. All we can say is, keep doing it until you get it.

I had two Forced Labor Requisitions fail on my Klingon the other day. Lost 8 prisoners and didn't get my 1k dilithium either. Never had two fail at once before. Sucked, but that's randomness for you.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • pakledleaderpakledleader Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've had weird moments where I have failed with 0% failure rates, and some where I think that the failure percent might actually get more weight than the Success percentage. As sucky as it is, it IS random. Welcome to the wonderful world of statistical outliers.
  • aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There is never a 0% chance in the DoFF assignments. Even if it says 0% it means 0,1% chance. The HUD is just displaying flat numbers. I had several other assignments stated with 0% and yet failed or ended in Disaster with full purple perfect fitting DOffs.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A string of failures in a row doesn't mean the mission is broken. It just means you got bad rolls. Having five in a row is unlikely, but the odds of any one run through of the mission failing are whatever the pie graph says it is. If the way you're putting in Doffs has 10% fail and 5% disaster, then you have a 15% chance of failing it. Assuming you keep putting in the same Doffs, your chance to fail next time is 15%, and the time after that 15%. You could fail that mission every day for the next year, but the odds of failure are still 15%. All we can say is, keep doing it until you get it.

I had two Forced Labor Requisitions fail on my Klingon the other day. Lost 8 prisoners and didn't get my 1k dilithium either. Never had two fail at once before. Sucked, but that's randomness for you.

I thought the purples boosted your chances of success, I didn't realize the percentage number actually boosted your reward instead.

So if I use a purple for say turning in contraband, I'd get 20 percent more on a success?
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You'd get a boost to your CXP and I believe SP and EXP, not to EC or Dil. Quality means absolutely nothing on turning in contraband if it's a security officer, little if it's not.

But regardless, sounds like you just had a stroke of really bad luck, OP.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ugh, okay, I'll try again
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ssargon wrote: »
    Quality means absolutely nothing on turning in contraband if it's a security officer

Not true, you see a boost in the Trade CXP you gain from completing it.

For the last couple of weeks I've actually been stacking it to see what the Disaster outcome for Handing over contraband is. Not managed it yet. Anyone seen it?