test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Request] Old Drozana Station

nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
hai!

In one way or another I'd RLY like to get back the good ol' droz station if possible.. i was rly get used to it and became a main area of my sto gaming but this new edition with the romulan expansion just not good.. it doest have the feeling..

talking about the feeling.. remember the mission "The Undying" ? hell that bar IS AWESOME simply AWESOME.. if you guize rly wanted the change droz pls do so in that way ^=^

If you guise agree leave a comment or two maybe its not too late to make something out of this C:

-itsatrap!!!!!
Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
Post edited by nitefiuu on

Comments

• Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This won't happen.

This can't happen.

Drozana station has been overhauled, and that was a requirement for LoR launch because some of the new storylines are set there. The devs wanted it to look a lot less dated (graphically) than some of the newer areas so they redesigned it.

The old one is gone, and it's not coming back. You're just going to have to accept that I'm afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited June 2013
    I, for one, like the new station. I like the windows in the main hall area, and the fact that it feels bigger and more spacious. Only thing we need now is some holograms of dancing orion and deltan girls.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'll take the new one thanks. I can get to the shopping and banking areas without having to navigate between the silly dancers and the morons with fire extinguishers/poppers. The less I have to to interact with such people, the better.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like it as it has more space and easier to get around.

Only thing I want to see back is the "island" type bar. I loved that look.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't mind the new design in and of itself...

I just miss the fact that you could go to 23rd Century Drozana and actually be able to tell where would eventually become what by 2409...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The new Drozana is just another excuse to find somewhere else to go and something else to do. What a waste of resources redesigning something that wasn't broken.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I have to say I really like the new set up myself - good to see the Ferengi moving to bigger digs to attract more customers.

That said, the Devs could always just make the 'old' Drozana a different deck/floor of the 'new' Drozana, with easy access via Turbolift. That's how I think about the change in my head - the old part is still there somewhere in the massive station - the vendors have just all moved to the new area.

'Course an empty area (old Drozana deck) wouldn't see much use, especially since the bar got moved too....and is probably being used for contraba...err...supply storage now. ;)

Well. . .they could do that, tie the 2nd level into a completely different zonechat, and designate it as the Red Light district of Drozana. . .
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • Options
    bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'll take the new one thanks. I can get to the shopping and banking areas without having to navigate between the silly dancers and the morons with fire extinguishers/poppers. The less I have to to interact with such people, the better.

LOL!, your right, every time i used to go to the old Drozana Station i would have to make my way past all the party poppers and people dancing on the bar. But Drozana Station was made to be a place for fun and party, im surprised with the new look of Drozana is not like that anymore, its bigger and better, with a bar still.

And personally for me, I would also like for Drozana to look like it does in the 23rd century.

Can anyone explain to me why Drozana Station looks the way it does and not like the 23rd century Drozana. Its ugly looking, maybe cuz Ferangi run and own it:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • Options
    dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dronza was fine as it was. I would have far rather them remap DS9 and get the promenade the correct size instead of the 1/2 scale one we get right now. Also, they could add the Infirmary and Garak's Tailor Shop and increase the size of Quarks.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    While we are at it, why don't we ask for the old ESD as well.
  • Options
    nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oh and one more thing: 1,000,000,-EC to whoever gets me the old droz station loop music in mp3 or sumthin :D

and the turbolift idea to the old droz station as a separated lvl sounds nice to me, theres a door(?) on the right already to the missions.. all it needs a new entry which delivars us to the old map which is still exist as some of the toons i had before the expansion loaded in there and was force-switched soon after i logged in :P
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
  • Options
    buckner3buckner3 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I just miss the fact that you could go to 23rd Century Drozana and actually be able to tell where would eventually become what by 2409...

Yes, this is my big issue, the old version it was cool to go back and visit Scotty, but KNOW the layout as it was the same as in 2409. If you don't change 2409 Drozana, then fix the 23rd Century version so it once again coincides with where things are in "modern" times
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like the new Drozana. Haven't seen any teeth pullers harassing people with fire extinguishers. Yet.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think if they moved the bar more towards the center of the main room it would be better, then the bank/mail/exchange can be moved back to where the bar is.

My main problem with Drozana is its instances cap at 45 rather then 75 like it did before. Its much more fun with crowded instances, then you can watch all of the antics and trolling a lot more. Also the vendors at Drozana got nerfed a few months ago, it still says they give 50% of the value, but you end up with much less when you sell to them. I guess its fitting since they are Ferengi, but it was a lot more convinient when it was 50% so I don't have to go all the way to Qonos or Ganalda.

Drozana is a convinent rest stop for people that hang out in Kerrat all the time like me. It is just seconds away and has most of what I need except for the vendor nerf so I hope that gets fixed.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »

bahhahahahhahaha this is your best ducat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited June 2013

This. If they're not gonna restore the old Drozana, at least update the one in "Night of the Comet" so that they have the same layout.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    dm19deltadm19delta Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I haven't been there yet. I stopped going there after Starfleet Dental showed up and really made the place a wretched hive of scum and villiany with their ERP harrasment, but if they seperated the areas to conduct legitimate business from the areas that those turds normally hang out in, then it may be worth giving it a second chance.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited June 2013

My feelings exactly.
    neoakiraii wrote: »

Also my feelings exactly.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    I think if they moved the bar more towards the center of the main room it would be better, then the bank/mail/exchange can be moved back to where the bar is.

My main problem with Drozana is its instances cap at 45 rather then 75 like it did before. Its much more fun with crowded instances, then you can watch all of the antics and trolling a lot more. Also the vendors at Drozana got nerfed a few months ago, it still says they give 50% of the value, but you end up with much less when you sell to them. I guess its fitting since they are Ferengi, but it was a lot more convinient when it was 50% so I don't have to go all the way to Qonos or Ganalda.

Drozana is a convinent rest stop for people that hang out in Kerrat all the time like me. It is just seconds away and has most of what I need except for the vendor nerf so I hope that gets fixed.

In regards to the vendors: The bartender gives 50%. It's the center of a Foundry mission aimed at grinding loot drops for EC, and it says to use the bartender because he'll give 50%.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • Options
    queeg9000queeg9000 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My eyes.Its like reading a text message from a 12year old girl.

y u talk lik dis wen typing frm a keyboard?
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Umm, again....this 'new' Drozana is simply a different deck on the same station. No need to change the 23rd century version. :P

(see my posts on pages 1 and 2 for explanation)

But it was cool to see how they matched up between the two missions.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    jmanwinjmanwin Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nitefiuu wrote: »
    hai!

In one way or another I'd RLY like to get back the good ol' droz station if possible.. i was rly get used to it and became a main area of my sto gaming but this new edition with the romulan expansion just not good.. it doest have the feeling..

That's 100% intentional. The giveaway is that they replaced the bumping music with the equivalent of anesthizine gas pouring out a vent. If purgatory had a dentist, and that dentist had a waiting room, it would sound like New Drozana. The goal was obviously to flush everyone out and greatly reduce the workload of the GMs fielding complaint reports. The short term result has been that I've been harassed there more in the past couple weeks than I was in the previous year, probably because there aren't any sexy dancing girls there to distract them from me anymore. In the long run though it'll probably have the desired effect, and the griefers will stop showing up when there's nobody left to grief. I'll make the small extra effort to go to K7 instead if I'm in the area. There's no spectacle to see at Drozana anymore. It's going to be like every other glorified highway restroom that passes for a space station in this game. You go there to unload your TRIBBLE, maybe stare at the exchange console/vending machine for a few minutes, then hit the road.
    talking about the feeling.. remember the mission "The Undying" ? hell that bar IS AWESOME simply AWESOME.. if you guize rly wanted the change droz pls do so in that way ^=^

I have a lot of thoughts on how to create a social zone that's like a self-policing Drozana that I'd share if I didn't think it'd fall on deaf/intentionally plugged ears. But layout-wise, a less over-the-top version of Shangdu (aka "Stronghold") is close to what you'd want, and it wouldn't surprise me if there had been some thought given to making that part of the Nimbus social zone before it was rejected. The main advantage is that you look DOWN into it when you enter and there's a railed walkway going around it, so all these people who despised Old Drozana could instead appraise Shangdu from afar and walk around it without immersing themselves if they so chose.

But the designer(s) put the bar against the wall again, which is a social zone mistake repeated everywhere in STO. The reason you put it in the middle is because it divides the room into quadrants without putting up walls, and everyone still has access to the bar that anchors the room. The four quadrants of Old Drozana's main room each had a different vibe despite looking almost exactly the same, allowing players to be part of that scene without standing directly in the madhouse that was usually the far left quadrant. If the wrong crowd is occupying the bar at any other station, players leave because there's no other bar space they can adapt to their purpose, and then the original crowd leaves because the place is empty and must be uncool. There's a psychology to this, even among Star Trek nerds.
  • Options
    admiralah1admiralah1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The new Drozana feels a lot like some of the common areas of the old ESD, everything is sort of crammed into one tiny room. It maximizes function with no regard to form, a decidedly Borg was of organizing.

For me, this diminishes the impact of Night of the Comet as the areas aren't "familiar" anymore. The old/new contrast was one of the most compelling features of what otherwise is a pretty bland mission for me.

The way I have rationalized the change is by linking it to the comments the Ferengi always made in the old DS...it is a station falling apart and they don't feel like paying for maintenance. I think all that is necessary is the addition of a line of dialogue on one of the NPCs explaining that there was a massive decompression due to hull erosion from all the triolic radiation and they had to move to a different deck.

The issue is that for many Trekkies/Trekkers, lore matters. That is why we freak out over all the small issues. STO is the inheritor of the original timeline, so little details matter. I think if explanations are given that acknowledge both the established lore and in-game events (like my example above), it would make sudden transitions like this much easier. All we need is some acknowledgment that they aren't simply trying to sneak something past us, if that makes any sense.