test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A couple of later episode oddities

nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Romulan Discussion
In second wave the first words are "By now you've faced the borg" uh, really? There was a lone episode that we were an undercover Tal Shiar agent that was highly classified, highly unlikely the Federation knows about it.

In The Return we board a Tal Shiar ship and assist them. Apparently this just fine with your crew
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Post edited by nicha0 on

Comments

• Options
    huitzil37huitzil37 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also, "The Vault". I was disappointed that they actually made a Romulan-specific missions option earlier (using the Tal Shiar codes at the satellite to get in was labeled (Romulan), anyway), but then my captain just acted like a normal Federation dude when I confronted Obisek. I had to say "I support your goals but I cannot condemn the use of thalaraon weapons" instead of, say "Dude, have you not heard about the Romulan Republic? We already got free of the Tal Shiar, we'd love to have you guys! You don't need any thalaraon anythings, all you gotta do is show up, they'll even let you keep your ship and send you out on missions to go liberate other planets! And if the Tal Shiar starts anything, the Federation AND the Klingon Empire got our backs!"

This would have probably resulted in Obisek beaming over to my ship and everyone having ice cream instead of having to escape his forces in the Vault, which is probably not where they want the mission to go, but SOME acknowledgment would be nice.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, a lot of missions have odd dialog because you're seeign the dialog for the Fed version and they haven't added unique dialog for the Romulan version.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    xingbellxingbell Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just hit an oddity that made me chuckle in this set. In the one where you follow the Reman ship and the huge Romulan cruiser appears, my bridge officer (who is Romulan) yells "ROMULANS!"

I wonder how they react when the look in the mirror? :D

Peaceful exploration? I have a heavily armed ship and a phaser with a kill setting, how peaceful is that?
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xingbell wrote: »
    I just hit an oddity that made me chuckle in this set. In the one where you follow the Reman ship and the huge Romulan cruiser appears, my bridge officer (who is Romulan) yells "ROMULANS!"

I wonder how they react when the look in the mirror? :D

:D That made me laugh, thank you.

But is it really true that they haven't put in unique dialogue for the missions Romulans and the Federation share yet? I've only just finished the Defence of Romulus so I've yet to experience the shared content yet.
  • Options
    kaevwrynnkaevwrynn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Klingon side, there's some unique dialogue, but most of it acts as though your crew is a Klingon crew.

Mission contacts in the Spectres and Cardassian Struggle arcs have referenced that I'm Romulan. Obisek noted my Romulan-ness when I talked to him in the Vault. The Rapier crew freaked out when I rescued them and then revealed my ship was working with the Klingons. Ah, let's see... the head guy on that Cardassian colony with the True Way infestation mentions standing up for the Republic if anyone talks bad about them after you drive off the True Way. Last reference to Romulans I saw was the Thot from the first Deferi/Breen mission saying that we should have all died with Romulus.

The Borg arc, though? That treated me like I was a Klingon with the sole exception of D'Tan being the one telling me to report to the Omega fleet. I don't have high hopes for the rest of the Breen arc or the Undine one.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It can be funny from the other end, too. I finally got back to playing Grunt, my Ferengi starship captain, when we were sent to Nimbus III. During the final battle against Hassan in orbit, I got a rundown from my tactical officer, Shelana, a female Andorian - doing a dead-on impression of Tovan Khev...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    :D That made me laugh, thank you.

But is it really true that they haven't put in unique dialogue for the missions Romulans and the Federation share yet? I've only just finished the Defence of Romulus so I've yet to experience the shared content yet.
    Well, there are bits and peices. But not all of it has been modified for Romulans.
    jonsills wrote: »
    It can be funny from the other end, too. I finally got back to playing Grunt, my Ferengi starship captain, when we were sent to Nimbus III. During the final battle against Hassan in orbit, I got a rundown from my tactical officer, Shelana, a female Andorian - doing a dead-on impression of Tovan Khev...
    ah, yes, I really hope the Devs finally get around to giving Shelana/Corspa(she has a short list of random names) a back story, I like her. :D Most of my characters have her still.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I really hope the Devs finally get around to giving Shelana/Corspa(she has a short list of random names) a back story, I like her. :D Most of my characters have her still.
    Well, they can always borrow the one I used for my Literary Challenges. (She was part of a four-bond on Andoria, until her three mates were killed in a terrorist attack later traced to Undine infiltrators. Since then, she's become a violent force of nature, especially if she knows or believes she's facing Undine...)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    huitzil37 wrote: »
    Also, "The Vault". I was disappointed that they actually made a Romulan-specific missions option earlier (using the Tal Shiar codes at the satellite to get in was labeled (Romulan), anyway), but then my captain just acted like a normal Federation dude when I confronted Obisek. I had to say "I support your goals but I cannot condemn the use of thalaraon weapons" instead of, say "Dude, have you not heard about the Romulan Republic? We already got free of the Tal Shiar, we'd love to have you guys! You don't need any thalaraon anythings, all you gotta do is show up, they'll even let you keep your ship and send you out on missions to go liberate other planets! And if the Tal Shiar starts anything, the Federation AND the Klingon Empire got our backs!"

This would have probably resulted in Obisek beaming over to my ship and everyone having ice cream instead of having to escape his forces in the Vault, which is probably not where they want the mission to go, but SOME acknowledgment would be nice.

I thought this was strained as well. The mission would have fit better in the early story, from a continuity perspective; I suspect that the technicality perspective is what resulted in it being placed later (although if having a shuttle or other small craft were the technicality the devs were concerned about, we did get a shuttle a few levels earlier and could have done it then ...).
    kaevwrynn wrote: »
    Klingon side, there's some unique dialogue, but most of it acts as though your crew is a Klingon crew.

I wasn't terribly fond of the dialogues in which Temek talks about conquering blah blah blah (where blah blah blah includes ROMULAN territory), but then of course, Temek is merely a figurehead for Vishka, since the Orions are the real power in Klingon Intelligence (obviously so at this point), so Temek's Klingon-machismo-talk can be overlooked. But seriously, I gave all this intel to Temek (and Vishka) and Klingon Intelligence, and not to Tal'Mera? I do, after all, already have contacts in Romulan Intelligence.
  • Options
    jolaujolau Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, there are bits and peices. But not all of it has been modified for Romulans.ah, yes, I really hope the Devs finally get around to giving Shelana/Corspa(she has a short list of random names) a back story, I like her. :D Most of my characters have her still.

Funny thing is, my tactical officer is Breen, apparently Tovan Khev did voice work for Breen translators.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Breen using the voice of Khev to voice their translators would be the most amazing troll job ever.

Way more repsect than that time they conquered Betazed.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom