test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Plasma Build?

quiiliitiilaquiiliitiila Member Posts: 309 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Hey all!

I'm just finishing leveling up my Reman Engineer and I plan to make a plasma DoT build. I've never really done it before so I figured I'd ask a few questions before I spend a ton of ecs on something I don't need :P

Questions:
What skills affect plasma DoT? Is it only Particle Generators?

Do the Romulan Embassy sci consoles stack? I figure the damage bonus will stack, but will the proc bonus' stack? EX. I have 3 of the consoles, will I have 3 extra 2.5% chances to get a proc or will I have a 7.5% total proc chance (from the consoles)?

What is the difference between the Caustic Plasma weapons and normal Plasma weapons, I've seen a few people saying that they are fairly decent to use.

The Romulan plasma singularity beam arrays state that they do not drain weapon power when used in conjunction with other weapons, does this mean that if I ran a full load of them they wouldn't drain weapon power?

The Hyper plasma torpedo launcher versus the Omega Force plasma torpedo launcher? Which one is better or what are the boons of either one?

Anything else I should know about a plasma DoT?

Thanks everyone!
-Quiiliitiila
Post edited by quiiliitiila on

Comments

• msk5msk5 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The embassy consoles stack the same way Plasma Infusers will stack, I don't believe they increase the proc chance, they only add a plasma proc to non-plasma weapons and boost plasma damage. That said I know they stack with Plasma Infusers.

Caustic Plasma weapons have a faster plasma DoT, it burns twice as fast as standard, so more damage. I'd personally use Caustic Plasma exclusively until you can replace them with Romulan Plasma.

You can only equip a single experimental Rom beam array, its unique, so it will reduce your overall power drain but you can't load out entirely with them and eliminate it altogether.

Hyper plasma is better in pretty much every conceivable circumstance, but HYT on the Omega torp hits harder for burst.

I could be wrong but I don't think Particle Generators affects plasma DoT at all, if it does that's news to me. The DoT is boosted by Plasma Infusers and Embassy consoles, though.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,866 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Particle Generators don't boost Plasma DoT's except for the ones from EWP and from the Singularity ability Plasma Shockwave.

Starship Weapons Training boosts the DoT's from both torps and energy weapon procs, Starship Energy Weapons will boost the DoT's from your energy weapon procs, and as will Starship Projectile Weapons boost your DoT's from torps.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • quiiliitiilaquiiliitiila Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    msk5 wrote: »
    You can only equip a single experimental Rom beam array, its unique, so it will reduce your overall power drain but you can't load out entirely with them and eliminate it altogether.

That's good to know, thanks! I was gearing up for one hell of a grind fest :P
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Plasma burn builds aren't too hard. The previous posters have given the details. It boils down to finding everything possible that adds more plasma DoT or boosts plasma damage and piling it all on. I do like those caustic weapons though, they are well worth replaying Last Stand until you can push yourself through the New Romulus rep for some Mk. XII weapons there.

Make sure you are running hazard emitters and preferably have Aux batteries on hand to boost it up. You are going to set yourself on fire a lot. Even if you're careful about not popping off torpedoes at point blank range, fighter spam, enemy torps and mines love to crash into your high yield torps when they're 4 inches off your hull.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    msk5 wrote: »
    The embassy consoles stack the same way Plasma Infusers will stack, I don't believe they increase the proc chance, they only add a plasma proc to non-plasma weapons and boost plasma damage. That said I know they stack with Plasma Infusers.

Caustic Plasma weapons have a faster plasma DoT, it burns twice as fast as standard, so more damage. I'd personally use Caustic Plasma exclusively until you can replace them with Romulan Plasma.

Hyper plasma is better in pretty much every conceivable circumstance, but HYT on the Omega torp hits harder for burst.

I could be wrong but I don't think Particle Generators affects plasma DoT at all, if it does that's news to me. The DoT is boosted by Plasma Infusers and Embassy consoles, though.

Only downside to using Caustic Plasma is having to get them. Repeating Last Stand gets painful.
  • quiiliitiilaquiiliitiila Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sudoku7 wrote: »
    Only downside to using Caustic Plasma is having to get them. Repeating Last Stand gets painful.

It SURE does... I'm onto my second run and I'm already bashing my head against the table... It's really the last part of the mission where you have to "defend" the station against 3 waves of 3 groups that gets just stupid annoying...