test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where did the ship selector at the Captains Table go?

jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
Ok, this has really annoyed me. The "Captains Table" has had little to no use in the game since STO came out.

The only reason I ever went there was plainly because, if I was sorting out multiple ship configs, I had the exchange, the bank, mail and the ship selector all under 1 roof. None of this constantly having to beam up to a shipyard (KDF) or area change in to the shipyard (FED) - it was all there, within a few steps of each other.

So, today, I decided to sell some junk and have a play with my ship config. Off to the C.T. I went... only to find, the ship selector has gone... not moved, not walking around, no where to be seen, just gone :confused:

Why???

Just, why???

Is it a bug?? If not, then what harm was he doing??

It was the only useful feature of the C.T. and it's gone :(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    3 years of "really annoying" and that is all you can come up with? The table? How about Sector space?
    How about PVP?
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    brokenmirror2012brokenmirror2012 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They nerfed Veteran rewards obviously.

Paying for STO is to OP and needs to be stopped!
    (unless its in the form of MACRO-Microtransactions)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    3 years of "really annoying" and that is all you can come up with? The table? How about Sector space?
    How about PVP?

How about the plain and simple truth, there are enough threads about YOUR topics and things that affect YOU - this is MY thread, about something that affects ME. I don't come in to YOUR threads whining about MY problems, I kindly ask you show the same respect to ME.
    They nerfed Veteran rewards obviously.

Paying for STO is to OP and needs to be stopped!
    (unless its in the form of MACRO-Microtransactions)

LOL, there will be an air lock some where in the C.T. with buttons labeled "Insert ZEN to free ship selector" and "Empty air lock (eject person if not needed)" ;)

It is a shame he is missing, would be nice to know if this was on purpose or a bug, as I fail to see how this was a problem - Brandon, where are you !!!!
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would like to see the Captain's Table better connected and outfitted. A ship selector and ship tailor, skill trainer, and a Transwarp to it, as well as an option to beam there directly from ESD/Qo'nos/New Rom Command.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah kinda mad about that, the Table is my hang out spot to get away from the players.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I would like to see the Captain's Table better connected and outfitted. A ship selector and ship tailor, skill trainer, and a Transwarp to it, as well as an option to beam there directly from ESD/Qo'nos/New Rom Command.

Yea, it does have a lot of potential, but was left to gather dust for 3 years :(
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Yeah kinda mad about that, the Table is my hang out spot to get away from the players.

LOL, glad it is not just me who likes to hide from the crowds :D
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree with you OP and hope that this is just one of the bugs that crawled out since the LoR launch. There is no logical reason for the ship selector to be removed from the Table and I can't think of anyone that it bothered so much to be removed.

Hopefully a bug that will get fixed soon.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    I agree with you OP and hope that this is just one of the bugs that crawled out since the LoR launch. There is no logical reason for the ship selector to be removed from the Table and I can't think of anyone that it bothered so much to be removed.

Hopefully a bug that will get fixed soon.

Well, I would bug report it, but without an answer I do not know if it is actually a bug :confused:

And of course with an answer from Cryptic if this is a bug or not, I will not need to bug report it as, by answering they will know if it is a bug (hence no need to report it) or letting us know if it was on purpose (fail to see why, but hey)

Talk about catch 22 :eek: lol
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When it comes to that question, I bug report stuff anyway and let them sort it out on their end.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As an aside, K-7 (and Ganalda) are just as good for sorting your ships out. They also have a bank, exchange, ship selector, and ship equipment vendor all in one room.

Odd about the ship selector at the Captain's Table though.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    As an aside, K-7 (and Ganalda) are just as good for sorting your ships out. They also have a bank, exchange, ship selector, and ship equipment vendor all in one room.

Odd about the ship selector at the Captain's Table though.

Cheers for the heads up, found out the new Rommie fleet you can go to also has everything on 1 level - so at least I have a choice now.