test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Romulus Defense

skyline475skyline475 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Five words.... Are you F**king kidding me....

Do the Devs actually expect us to beat this level? Wow... just wow.... Game fun ruined till this is fixed...

EDIT: sorry for the /rage post. I should of known there was already a thread about this OP mission >.<
My Foundry Missions:
The Wave Empire Series: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=279751
Post edited by skyline475 on

Comments

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There's already a thread about that here. I completely agree, though.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • skyline475skyline475 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There's already a thread about that here. I completely agree, though.

Ah, sorry for the double post :/
    My Foundry Missions:
    The Wave Empire Series: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=279751
  • shmeetensbuttshmeetensbutt Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All you have to do on that final level is JUST TAKE OUT THE COMMAND SHIP. Try to ignore everything else.

Once its down, the attack falls apart.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All you have to do on that final level is JUST TAKE OUT THE COMMAND SHIP. Try to ignore everything else.

Once its down, the attack falls apart.

The three dozen Elachi support ships surrounding it make that somewhat difficult. Especially since our support ships are lucky to get three shots off before stopping for repairs.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    skyline475 wrote: »
    Do the Devs actually expect us to beat this level?

Many people have.
    Multiple times (it's nifty to replay for the Core).
    Multiple Careers.
    Multiple Ships and Builds.

It doesn't require any skills (player) that were not required previously.
    It doesn't require any special gear / just whatever random goods you've collected up to that point.

There have been countless threads complaining about this part of the mission. There have been countless posts in those countless threads explaining what folks need to do - very simple instructions...no twitch needed, no sacrificing a goat, nothing special in the least.

Unfortunately, because of threads like this and the countless others from folks that didn't pay attention or actually try...
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.30.20130513a.34

General:
    • The final wave of "The Defense of New Romulus" has been tuned to be more achievable.
  • mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Unfortunately, because of threads like this and the countless others from folks that didn't pay attention or actually try...

Or maybe it might just be that the mission is obviously not working as intended, since the ally ships get wiped out very quickly, and should continue to help you in the fight.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I do agree that wave 3 was overkill, but I don't think it was as bad as some say it was.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited June 2013
    Many people have.
    Multiple times (it's nifty to replay for the Core).
    Multiple Careers.
    Multiple Ships and Builds.

It doesn't require any skills (player) that were not required previously.
    It doesn't require any special gear / just whatever random goods you've collected up to that point.

There have been countless threads complaining about this part of the mission. There have been countless posts in those countless threads explaining what folks need to do - very simple instructions...no twitch needed, no sacrificing a goat, nothing special in the least.

You sir, are a douche ^.^

Please, see my already made apology about double posting this complaint. It didn't need your input, but your effort to troll is appreciated. However, there are better leading candidates. You need to troll harder.

Thank you, and please have a nice day.
    My Foundry Missions:
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    skyline475 wrote: »
    You sir, are a douche ^.^

Please, see my already made apology about double posting this complaint. It didn't need your input, but your effort to troll is appreciated. However, there are better leading candidates. You need to troll harder.

Thank you, and please have a nice day.

Considering the person you're ******** at is entirely accurate in his assessment, you should probably take your own advice.
    edited June 2013
    Considering the person you're ******** at is entirely accurate in his assessment, you should probably take your own advice.

Hahaha it's nice to know that the STO community really strives to flame people when the issue(s) was/had already resolved... >.^
    My Foundry Missions: