test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DS9 in HD!

zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Ten Forward
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJs0-hhOZFQ

blow thack sucker up 1080p and fullscreen!

i am drowning in my own drool right now,
THIS is what Star Trek combat needs to look and feel like!

oh and btw.
progress on the DS9 to BluRay front: http://trekcore.com/blog/2013/05/deep-space-nine-in-high-definition-one-step-closer/

yes rather off topic to STO, but if you aren't drooling over this stuff then what are you even doing here?

*drool*
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by zerobang on

Comments

• Options
    dkshadow9498dkshadow9498 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    YOU'VE never played Devil's Choice: Defense of New Romulus have you?

It's epic... and fun... until the last wave :P
    VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
    USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
    VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
    LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
    LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ^ You've obviously never played the DS9 Fleet Action before it was pulled. ;)

Really surprised how awesome the remastery of Star Trek is in HD. But Cryptic can get the CGI models from CBS and tweek the STO models with low poly versions.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ^ You've obviously never played the DS9 Fleet Action before it was pulled. ;)

Really surprised how awesome the remastery of Star Trek is in HD. But Cryptic can get the CGI models from CBS and tweek the STO models with low poly versions.

I have, but that slipped my mind :o (Probably since it's been gone 2 some odd years) and yeah that was fun, so was Starbase 24 and the 2800 FE where you battle the Jemmy fleet.

I do wish they would fix Fleet Actions.

Still as a complaint, at least in FA's you get a team of other players to do it. Nothing says FUN like being on your own facing 3 Elachi dreadnaughts, and however many battleships and destroyers, all using the Half Moon of Death shot against you (and the dreads using TS3)... think I died at least 20 times and your NPC "help" really isn't.

Now THAT would make a good FA.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

My only main complaint about this was their decision to keep the original aspect ratio. I wish they would have converted it to 16:9.

There's a lot of good CGI artwork out there that could be utilized. If you've ever seen Of Gods and Men, there were some GREAT CGI battles....

I'd like to see more large scale FA's that require groups, but most people these days are only interested in the quick reward (which is why we had to break up the STF's).

I also wouldn't mind seeing more missions like close of The 2800 or even the New Romulus defense, BUT I would like the NPC defenders to be a little more than useless cretins. The mission before Devil's Choice is a perfect example... Last Stand, defend the starbase against multiple Elachi waves... with your only support being SHUTTLES!!!
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think Cryptic is leaning more towards large-scale battles with the new Starbase Battles. But there is still some problems they have to resolve the sound glitches and making it not critical where one person can ruin everything.

But DS9's model, well it depends. I think the current size fits nicely even though it's not accurage. If it was any smaller we would be like "this is tiny".