test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Return

imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Remember that episode in the Borg story arc that you played with your Federation character? The one where you discover a ship of the Romulan Star Empire under fire by the Borg and discover that they've been doing research on Borg technology?

If so, you can imagine how excited I was to see how it played out as a member of the Romulan Republic! And if you've played it as a member of the Romulan Republic, you can imagine how disappointed I was to see that it was identical to the experience as a Federation character.

This episode should play out MUCH differently as a Romulan! The Romulan captain should at least acknowledge that I'm Romulan!

On a related note, the Romulan Reputation doesn't feel right as a Romulan. People talk to you as if you're a helpful outsider (Mivek is the worst!). And shouldn't all of the missions I did before have given me Romulan marks? I found the planet for crying out loud! :P;) Well, I do understand that things have to be fair, so I can live with that part ;) But actually, they could make it to where doing mission replay of the first 30 missions or so at level 50 could grant Romulan Marks! That'd be pretty cool.

But, mostly I'd like to see "The Return" be re-worked for the Romulan Republic and a few other dialogue adjustments throughout so I don't feel like I'm a Romulan starfleet officer.

Otherwise, great stuff! :)
Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
Post edited by imadoctornota on

Comments

• gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You are Romulan, but the NPCs in that mission are star empire and you are a republic unificationist dog.

I do agree that the mission to find the homeworld should have some kind of republic reward.
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree that the mission needs to be reworked for Republic player characters. My assumption was that Commander Taelus was either Tal Shiar, or dispatched by them to acquire the Borg tech. A Romulan character should be particularly torn by the dilemma of allowing Tal Shiar to succeed, or betraying fellow Romulans to the Borg (even if they are Tal Shiar).
  • imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Exactly, and the player has bad blood with the Tal Shiar, and the feeling is mutual, so it should play out much differently.
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Exactly, and the player has bad blood with the Tal Shiar, and the feeling is mutual, so it should play out much differently.

And that's why I had no problem just taking the tech. But ya, it definitely needs a RR dialog pass.