test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lost Sci Rom/borg

talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Romulan Discussion
so when the new lor came out, i decided to try something different having always been an engi captain.

i went the sci route, and am now lv 50. but im totally lost

i've tried the tvaro, dalen, hanom, and the tal shiar bc. still not sure what direction to go into. i mostly pvp.

i was curious what other people did, whether to go the sci cc support route or the sciscort route. what are your builds? why did you choose the ships you did?
[SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
Post edited by talzerotwo on

Comments

• boyadamwihiskboyadamwihisk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Most of the Romulan ships have a moderate to massive focus on tactical. That said, if you like to blow things up in PVP, fly something with pure DPS in mind... Sensor Scan and Sub Nuc Beam are fantastic tools to evicerate an unsuspecting ship as they are attacking someone else.
  • sosolidshoesosolidshoe Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    talzerotwo wrote: »
    so when the new lor came out, i decided to try something different having always been an engi captain.

i went the sci route, and am now lv 50. but im totally lost

i've tried the tvaro, dalen, hanom, and the tal shiar bc. still not sure what direction to go into. i mostly pvp.

i was curious what other people did, whether to go the sci cc support route or the sciscort route. what are your builds? why did you choose the ships you did?

Try out the Mirror Ha'feh - it's a tac-sci biased version of the normal tac-eng biased ship, and it should fairly melt face in PvP with a sci captain. I've also seen reports that the T'Varo makes for a very fun, if slightly suicidal, torpedo boat.

We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited June 2013
    I will second the tvaro (well fleet version), it's very versatile if a lil low on hull. If you choose short cooldown tactical skills (30-45s) you can slot whatever you want in the lt.com universal and fill a fair number of roles. The enhanced battle cloak can help you heal up when cloaked and protect teammates while staying safe...unless someone is using EPtA which gives +10,000 stealthsight apparently.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've been using the Adapted battle cruiser, and so far it's been a decent boat. It has the spots necessary for a drain build so if you set it up right you would be a pain in the enemies aft during PvP, but I'm having issues with Bleed through, so you might want to focus on that as well.