test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Favorite Star Trek TV Series

komarkkomark Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Ten Forward
I was wondering what are some of your favourite Star Trek TV series.
Post edited by komark on

Comments

• gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Everyone can have their favorites, but all incarnations of Trek had both really good and really bad episodes.

I'll go with the original. U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701. No bloody A, B, C, or D.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • jovianusjovianus Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. Deep Space 9
    2. Tied between TNG and TOS
    3. Voyager
    4. Enterprise
  • coldbeer72coldbeer72 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For me.......
    1/ TNG
    2/ TOS( and am old enough to have seen it on the second rerun)
    3/ ENT
    4/ DS9( only saw a few episodes, but decided at the time that no one was going boldly anywhere, except Quarks bar!!)
    5/ VOY( sorry but being stuck half way across the universe in,what is basically a frigate and not getting atomised by the first species you encountered, just stretched it a bit for me.....and really didn't like Janeway!!!!)
  • blafiblafi Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    DS9
    TOS
    TNG
    Voyager
    Enterprise

And for whatever purpose it may serve, i've seen TOS when they first aired.

moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
    http://www.elitedefensestarfleet.com
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. D S 9 / T N G
    2. V O Y
    3. T O S
    4. E N T
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ds9
    Tng
    Tos
    Ent
    Voy
    GwaoHAD.png
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I grew up in the TNG era, so for me it's TNG followed by Enterprise
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      TNG by a country mile.
    • xalexkxxalexkx Member Posts: 193 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      DS9 episodes
      To boldly go where no FAWer has ever FAWed before.
    • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      edited June 2013
      1- DS9
      2- Tng
      3- Ent
      4- Tos
      5- Tas
      6- Voy
      Though I grew up with none of them.
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      Torn between TNG and DS9 as my fave

The next gen i grep up on and love jean luc picard (or Patrick Stewart) and some of the episodes i love.
      However i do love many of DS9 episodes and the characters are less black and white which is fun. In the Pale Moonlight is one of my fave and a perfect example of the more greyness of characters
      "So... I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again, I would. Garak was right about one thing, a guilty conscience is a small price to pay for the safety of the Alpha Quadrant. So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it... "

but after those its

TOS
      VOY
      ENT
      0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
    • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      1) Star Trek (TOS) <-- Was watching the third season first run on NBC - I was 6. :D
      2) Enterprise
      3) The Animated Series (TAS)
      4) DS9
      5) TNG
      6) VOY (Stopped watching entirely after the episode "The 37's")
      Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
      TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
      PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      For me:

1. TOS - I grew up watching the reruns endlessly. I grew up watching the movies. I just loved the style of how Kirk and crew did things in TOS. The Federation was quite principled, yet did not take TRIBBLE from anyone. Technobabble was not prevalent like later ST shows (I'm looking at you, TNG). Scotty was on the spot to do something, and Scotty freakin' did it without using too much mumbo jumbo.

2. Tied with TNG & DS9. Both series started slow, IMO. I'd say TNG got better with Season 2. DS9? Jeez, it took a long time for it to get better. But when it did, it was outstanding. The Dominion War gave DS9 a very important background to make the show with. It also gave Star Trek fans the most, and largest battle scenes to date in the franchise.

And that's it. The only thing I liked from VOY was 7 of 9, and even she wasn't enough to keep me watching that series. ENT? That show started up rubbing me the wrong way, alienating me as a fan. Starting off with the NX design (Akiraprise) and the theme song (WTF, over). There were characters I liked, but... the show never tried hooking me in as a ST fan.
      XzRTofz.gif
    • pegasuscicpegasuscic Member Posts: 157 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      komark wrote: »

TOS-I grew up on it watching the reruns with my dad in the 70s. Plus went to all the movies. Kirk kicked butt.

DS9-I have a thing for strong females, and they didn't come any stronger than Kira or Jadzia. Plus I liked the conflicts, not that "oh it's ok we're all pals" TRIBBLE TNG shoved down you'r throat.

VOY-I know, I'm a heretic, but I like the characters(except Kes, thank goodness they dumped her). Plus once again, thing for strong females. Sure Janeway's a little older, but she kept herself together, plus that whole age and experience thing. Plus I actually liked the stories. I didn't watch this during it's run, I watched it several years after it ended.

TNG-I liked the characters, but the stories were cookie cutter a good portion of the time. However, it did introduce Q and the Borg. Those were it's best episodes.

ENT-T'Pol was nice to look at, and I liked Archer from Quantum Leap, but the series got off on the wrong foot when it totally screwed up the whole Klingon thing and never really righted itself. It had some good episodes, but ehh.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."-Commander William Adama
    • scruffyvulcanscruffyvulcan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      1. TOS
      2. ENT
      3. TNG
      4. DS9
      5. Every other Star Trek that's ever been on TV, including commercials
      6. VOY
    • tripreedtripreed Member Posts: 22 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      1. TNG
      2. ENT
      3. DS9
      4. TOS
      6. and coming in dead last: VOY, I couldn't get past how annoying Neelix was.
      "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."
      Friedrich Nietzsche

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • xenogears7xenogears7 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      1. Deep Space Nine - It pointed out much of the trials of life during times of war.
      2. Voyager - I grew up with this and can't bring myself to dislike it like others.
      3. The Next Generation - Saw many re-runs growing up and I liked them.
      4. The Original Series - Saw re-runs of these later on and can appreciate them.
      5. Enterprise - I didn't dislike this one despite it being last. I just didn't really get the time to watch much past the first season.
    • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      Enterprise has turned into my favorite so far. Don't get me wrong - I am aware that it has downsides, Series 3 being among them. Not that it was bad, it just didn't seem to fit.

But overall, it was good. Series 4 was the best season of Ent, possibly my favorite series of all of the Treks. Bakula gave his character a darker side, did things he wasn't proud of and regretted them after, something that doesn't seem to occur in any other Captain's (hell, Sisko lies, forges and is a party to murder - and he can live with himself).

But more than that. The relationship between Earth and Vulcan, the series of events that lead up to the formation of the Federation, the look at the Andorians and Tellarites and the first instances of the Earth-Romulan war.

I wasn't overly impressed with the Xindi Arc, but it was entertaining and it built the characters' peronalities. And i'm not that dissapointed with the Temporal Cold War subplot.

Close second would be DS9, followed by a tied Voyager-TNG. I can't speak for the Original Series because as of yet, i've only seen one or two episodes.

But rest assured; It's all on Netflix, so i'll get around to it.
      You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
      StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
    • lambdabernlambdabern Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      1. DS9 - Mostly flawless imo
      2. TNG, VOY, TOS+TAS - Each had some issues, but were all wonderful in their own way
      3. ENT - Deeply flawed until season 4 which was amazing and makes me regret it being cancelled
      ---
      Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
    • captainterrystarcaptainterrystar Member Posts: 13 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      1.Tied between TNG and TOS
      2. DeepSpace9
      3. Voyager
      4. Enterprise * STARTREK BOOKS
      captainterrystarrangers :) 1st Terryzark
    • mrspam404mrspam404 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      1)TOS and TNG (It's a tie for me, I like the newer effects/etc that comes with the time TNG was out compared to back in the day of the original series, but overall TOS had the best cast they could have gotten for their roles.

2)Enterprise- Could have been better. Had very good potential, but they didn't execute it well. I still enjoyed it however, more so than most people.

3)Voyager 4)DS9- I dunno, I never could really get into either of these. I'd pick Voyager over DS9 tho, as I've been re-watching them lately, and maybe its because I'm older but its all right to watch on Netflix.

P.S. On a side note, check out this video I found on massively, Star Trek continues "Pilgrims Of Eternity e01" Prob been posted somewhere on here but I thought it was pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G-ziTBAkbQ
    • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      DS9 - Cardassian intrigue and humor. political issues and a massive war. whats not to like.
      Voy - reckless Janeway carving a path of destruction through the quadrant and neelix making himself useful by successfully annoying tuvok in several attempts.
      TNG - Boring but a moral driven 7 years on board a massive saucer section, 2 large nacelles and a engineering bay.
      ENT - exploring strange new worlds and to go where everyone has already been before. silly temporal cold war and a whole year chasing xindi.
      TOS - nothing special about the whole thing, at least with ENT there was some action.. well, apart from the doomsday machine.
      T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
      Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    • cyberpunk1977cyberpunk1977 Member Posts: 179 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      1)Voyager
      2)TNG
      3)DS9
      4Enterprise
      5)TOS
    • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      DS9 - Brilliant. the most complex, great character interaction and story arcs, possibly the funniest too at times. Probably the most realistic of the trek series too.

TNG - So many great sc-fi stories and iconic characters and in my opinion the father of the modern sci-fi show. I'm just not sure we would have gotten Bbaylon 5, battlestar reboot, stargate etc without TNG leading the way.

Voy - Good, fun show once it found its feet. Has a good combination of everything you would want from trek. really got back to the exploration side of things

Ent- A mixed bag at times, but still very enjoyable. got cut down in its prime and could well have gone onto bigger and better things if it had gotten a full run. Started to really hit its stride in season 3 and 4.

TOS - Good for its time, and still some groundbreaking stories but I cant get past some of the dodgy acting, 60's style storytelling and iffy fx.
    • chokopop1chokopop1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      1. VOY (Yes, VOY is my favorite. Inb4 "Herp u knw nuthin abt trek")
      2. DS9
      3. TNG
      4. TOS
      5. ENT

*Note: Just because I put ENT last, doesn't mean I disliked it. I really liked it. Basically I like all the Trek shows for different reasons... Except TAS. TAS was awful IMO, and thus didn't bother to put it onto the list.
    • milandaremilandare Member Posts: 194 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      1. TNG
      2. Various movies. Odo.

3. TOS. VOY.
      4. Rest of DS9. Survival is such a menial goal.
    • towanitowani Member Posts: 104 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      komark wrote: »

1. DS9
      2. TNG
      3. Enterprise
      4. Voyager
      5. TOS
      Hi. Apparently I'm new here and joined in Jun 2012. Guess I'm in good company though... seems everyone else joined then too!
    • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
      edited June 2013
      1) Star Trek (TOS)
      2) DS9
      3) Enterprise
      4) TNG
      5) VOY
      KBF Lord MalaK
      Awoken Dead
      giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG