test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FREE Lobi from replays are silly to no end.

zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Sooooo...
i played my romulan up to lvl 50 now, played through like 8 Missions that had a Lobi Accolade.

So i got 8 Lobi from the Accolades, i'm not going out of my way to get more so this is it.

I wanted the Ferengi Rocket Launcher, costs 200 Lobi.

So i open 40 Boxes and end up with 194 Lobi total.

one more box 4 Lobi = 198 Lobi...

...ok ONE more ....and 10! = 208 Lobi

*DERP* :rolleyes:

yepp, that was totally worth it doing those lobi accolades now, wasn't it!

/thread, que up the random lockbox result moaning (seriously you can stop reading now):

and of course just silly worthless stuff in all of those 42 boxes, but what else is new.

2x Plasmonic Leech (not sure if keep or sell) a hand full of those tal shiar codes, and 19 DOffpacks that all spit out white and green (hey lets put a gamble box in the gamble box with chances that are just as bad...) = Starbase food.

Oh and ONE trait thingy... i just have like 11 Characters by now so i would need 44 Trait thingies to unlock them all and i get ONE for ~4500 Zen wooopee that is just like
200.000 Zen if my droprate is any indication...

good thing i only wanted the Lobi and totally expected to only get TRIBBLE out of it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by zerobang on

Comments

• Options
    platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You have a better chance of buying things off the exchange then trying to get the lobi for it.
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You have a better chance of buying things off the exchange then trying to get the lobi for it.

Except for the fact that most of the lobi stuff is bind on pickup?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    topset wrote: »
    Except for the fact that most of the lobi stuff is bind on pickup?

no it is npt you can trade ships between account
    I am grinding up to get the adapted destroyer through my main fed then send it over to my new liberated borg romulan
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes it is. Log in and check first. Ships are a small portion of what's offered on sale. Things that come in crates are bind on use. The various personal weapons and set items, however, bind on pickup/purchase. Not even to account, either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Free Lobi is not in the game to be used to get the foundation for some lobi items, much less stuff with a pricing of several hundreds of lobi. If you're an optimist they are in game to be a filler. Lets say you open up lockboxes during free replay runs and reach 198 lobi with your last key, now you can do the free lobi missions and the amount you get there suddenly makes a bit sense. For the realist: Any free lobi, be it in the runs or the one token-tutorial-lobi are just selfmade reasons to say no to bind on account lobi. The amount is not worth anything and you cannot do anything with it. Also I dare say every player would prefer to see the free lobi gone and lobi turn into an bind to account currency.

And to the cryptic person reading this now: The bound to char lobi does make me open boxes for lobi less since it make me think 10 times more over any item on how much I really need or want it.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The term (and I use it loosely) "free Lobi" in this game is analogous to your first dose of "free crack" .
    Except the pushers here are a lot less generous .
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sean2448 wrote: »
    no it is npt you can trade ships between account
    I am grinding up to get the adapted destroyer through my main fed then send it over to my new liberated borg romulan

if you read, the OP anted a Ferengi rapid fire missile launcher..... which IS bind to character on purchase. all ship weapons/consoles from the lobi store are Bind on Acquire.