test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Version Mismatch?

andorianblueandorianblue Member Posts: 88 Arc User
So every time I try to launch the game I get an error that says "Version Mismatch: close the game and repatch." I close the game, reopen, and of coarse there is no patch because I already patched after this morning's maintenance, so why is the server convinced I don't have the correct version and does anyone know how to fix this?
Post edited by andorianblue on

Comments

• Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So every time I try to launch the game I get an error that says "Version Mismatch: close the game and repatch." I close the game, reopen, and of coarse there is no patch because I already patched after this morning's maintenance, so why is the server convinced I don't have the correct version and does anyone know how to fix this?

I would verify all files if this is the problem (under options on launcher)
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have you tried Force verify under the launcher options?
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I verify files after EACH patch, then shutdown and restart the game. A version mismatch usually triggers a patch d/l on restart, tho verifying files sometimes misses version mismatches.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm trying to force verify now, though it sure it taking a while for it to actually start. Not sure if it that's the launcher's fault or my crappy laptop's.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    force verify takes my PC about 10 minutes.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The problem resolved itself... somehow. I didn't finish verifying files (not even sure if it started), I just rebooted my laptop. I'm not sure if it was the the game client being moody or my laptop, but it's working now. Thanks for the help anyway guys.
  • Options
    lordcorrinolordcorrino Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find that restarting your computer fixes this. Something probably got stuck in temporary memory or some such computer thingy.