test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Moving the T'Varo 'wing' firing points to the hull

captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,630 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Romulan Discussion
I recently picked up the T'Varo to play around with (can't go wrong with classic Romulan design :D). I'm having a lot of fun with it, but there is one thing that bothers me to no end....

The mid-wing firing points for forward weapons.

These should be moved to the main hull - near the mid-forward edges - just like as seen in the Legacy of Romulus banner ad shown in the forum header above.

Currently, the main weapon port on the 'nose' fires torpedoes and standard/dual cannons. The wing ports fire Beam Arrays, Dual Heavy cannons, and Dual beam banks.

It would make a lot more sense to have these 'wing' weapon ports based in the mid-forward edge of the hull for the following reasons:

Beam arrays - these have a 270 degree arc of fire. Placing them on the hull simulates an array 'arc' firing hard point (as seen on the saucer of Enterprise D and C). I'm not sure how they are able to fire 'behind' the wing currently - the hull has a much clearer arc of fire.

Dual Heavy cannons - it just makes sense to have such heavy weapons mounted inside the sturdy hull and not out on the frail wings.

Dual beam banks - a sort of cross between beam and cannon, use the same 'heavy weapon' and firing arc logic given above for both arrays and heavy cannons. Besides, they would look so much cooler coming from the hull and not the wings. (Again, see the LoR banner animation. :D)

Please, is there any chance we could get this changed? It would be awesome! :D

Thanks!
Post edited by captainhunter1 on

Comments

• tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like it if the dual cannons were actually mounted sideways a bit, not right in the center.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • drliriodrlirio Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    I would like it if the dual cannons were actually mounted sideways a bit, not right in the center.

+1. This ^
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The cannon mounts are fine as they are now. They already moved them inward from the tips of the nacelles, now that was horrible.:D The dual cannon mounts in the center are probably there because that's where the ship was shooting its disruptors from in Enterprise.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When you say mid-point of the hull, do you mean where the wing pylons connect to the hull, or midway between that location and the centerline of the primary hull? I could support moving the dual beam banks and dual heavy cannons there.. If nothing else, the nacelle tips would limit how far those weapons could pivot, thereby justifying from an engineering standpoint why those weapons have a limited firing arc.