test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Problem with Liberated Romulan Borg from Lobi store

pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Romulan Discussion
I just picked up the female Romulan Liberated Borg science officer from the Lobi store and I feel like I wasted 300 Lobi because there is an annoying bug that looks terrible.

The Romulan Liberated Borg from the Lobi store shows up as a KDF officer in the BOff list (complete with KDF logo) and whenever I have her assigned to an away team mission her transporter effect is the RED transporter effect from the KDF faction.

On a side note, this same problem exists if you pick up an actual KDF BOff after you ally with the KDF, but all of the crew transporting from a Romulan ship should have the green transporter effect and not the red effect.

Also, although I understand if the BOffs you pick up from the KDF are listed as KDF BOffs in your crew roster, the ROMULAN Liberated Borg from the Lobi store should show up as a Romulan officer and not a KDF officer.

Devs, please fix how the Romulan Borg from the Lobi store is listed in the roster and make ALL away team members use the same transporter effect (GREEN, please).
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
Post edited by pweistheworst on

Comments

• aspheasphe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ... while they are at it, try to make sure all ROMULAN boffs are tagged in the game as ROMULAN. I've got two romulan boffs. They can't see each other's costumes... (load outfits only is disabled for this test) because one of them doesn't know it's romulan. It seems to be 'alien' since it can only see outfits that are created by it.
  • sosolidshoesosolidshoe Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The whole boff, tailor, and mission systems are completely humped for Romulans right now in every aspect related to the alliances, and in a completely shocking and unexpected development it's decidedly worse for Kromulans. I'd hold out some hope of them addressing these issues in this mythical Bugfixing Patch of Doom that they keep mentioning, but we're talking about the dev team which took three tries just to add the Type 6 Material to the dropdown menu on the Aquarius and make it selectable(they forgot the second part on their first try), and on the third attempt they somehow managed to inflate the ship model so that it's slightly larger than the Defiant - my confidence in the devs is pretty low at this point.

We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree with you that the Romulan Borg Science Officer should be a RR officer rather than a Fed or KDF officer "on loan" from one of the two primary factions. Same should be true of the Photonic Tactical Officer. I would also like to see a Romulan or Reman version of the Photonic Medical officer that players earned for recruiting new players back before F2P. Same goes for the Engineering Borg BOFF.
  • abluefishabluefish Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    is the starter pack supposed to work at all?

no liberated borg romulan side, and no access to the ships it features...
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have the liberated borg science officer for a fed character, and she has the green transporter effect. So it works for federation palyers at leasts. My major beef is that (at least for fed players) the bridge officer is restricted to the starting civlian clothes selection...no republic uniforms, no alliance uniforms (even thoguh they show up as a preset) and no tal shair uniforms.