test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Its a TRAP!!!!

2»

Comments

• vamankvamank Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you look at the odds tables that have been posted, you only a 2% chance at claims now. Before I am sure it was close to 20%.

I am sure the claims got nerfed because there are people like that dont have to grind any more. I am curious if they nerfed them for the dominion boxes as well.
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
  • chiefbrexchiefbrex Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vamank wrote: »
    I dont know what has happened with the new lock box but the odds are reduced and the Dil claims are almost non existent. What you get is a bunch of useless junk.

Because of this I will be sending out a fleet advisory, EVERY week and making sure anybody and everybody I know and come into contact knows that after opening 100 boxes I got basically nothing. Like the title, ITS A TRAP!

At least with the Dominion lock box if I got nothing but Dil claims that reduced my overall cost over time.

Spread the word!

Then I have better luck than you. I opened 40 lockboxes, got 2 Dil Claims, 2 Genetic Resequencers, a bunch of DOff packs, 2 gear packs with level appropriate gear, 208 Lobi Crystals, XP Boosts for Skills, DOff commendations, and Fleet Creds. Needless to say, the only thing I didn't get was a lockbox ship, and for that I was grateful.

Don't confuse your bad luck with lowered drop rates.
    edited May 2013
    I got a handful of the command codes, 200ish lobi and more doff packs then I could ever need. I have also noticed since this lock box release the packs have dropped sharply on the exchange. I got One VIP and one perferred claim.
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
  • osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, I'm really surprised. Usually people post their "I didn't get the new shiny I'm entitled to" whine threads earlier in the week. You're slipping people.

And you can say all you want that this isn't a whine thread, but as the saying goes, "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, it must be a WITCH".

Fixed it for you ^.^
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I open boxes to get Lobi to buy the Lobi boffs, weapons and consoles. Anything else is considered a bonus.

Approaching it from that angle makes it seem less of a scam.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
    edited June 2013
    The only thing I got that seems to be decent is the command codes but its hard to for them to spit out purple doffs unless you have high quality doffs to use to run the mission.

I am personally also trying to reduce the number of these boxes in circulation. I make sure to discard a thousand or so every few days.
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
  • redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I cant understant why people are still opening boxes for Ships or items or the hybred weapons. If you want to Leech console or the 2 ships or the new weapons just sell your keys on exchange and buy them for EC. I got both ships the same day the new lockbox went live for 75 mil each. I spent another 30 mil getting the console and a escourt and cruiser set of the Nanite Disruptors weapons at ACC 2 Crth 2 and Acc 3. I then spent about 10 mil buying the weapon reward packs and selling the Weapons back on Exchange for a profit, a nanite weapon reward box costs 250k and the weapons inside (if they are space and XII sell from 300k to 3 mil EC. So i made back about 80 mil EC. Scrapeing up 200 mil EC is not that hard even not selling keys. People gamble hundreds and hundreds of $$$$ trying to get these items and never get them. Why gamble? You know you can get 1.4 to 1.5 mil EC per Key so why not just sell for EC and buy what you want, that way you know the exact cost and there is no gamble and you will save money.
  • landerx74927landerx74927 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It does seem like the rich mining claims have gone down. I usually open 50 boxes a week just to get claims on all my characters.

Looks like at the end of the year when my main 2 run out of claims that will be the end of the free money train will have ended.

lol! I don't think anyone is playing STO who makes around $125 a month. For many STO players that is a day's pay or less.
  • nafeasonto1nafeasonto1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lol! I don't think anyone is playing STO who makes around $125 a month. For many STO players that is a day's pay or less.

And this is where I get PO'ed. Not everyone has that kind of money to throw away on a fake virtual game.

The Lockboxes are a money sink. And it's getting on my nerves.
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited June 2013
    And this is where I get PO'ed. Not everyone has that kind of money to throw away on a fake virtual game.

The Lockboxes are a money sink. And it's getting on my nerves.

Why would it get on your nerves? Does someone have a gun to your head forcing you to open the boxes?

There is nothing in the boxes that you "need" to play the game - period!

Also because this is a F2P game - the sad reality is the lock-boxes/master key sales keep the people at Cryptic in their jobs and the game running - period!
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • apacheone5565apacheone5565 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To all of you trekkies out there:
    It is my belief tht our game has been hack, that may be one of the reasons that we are having so many problems with the game.While going into PVE I pasted a screen shot for perfect world to see that under names CGE is coming up.Also during fleet event today I did not get the amount of fleet marks that the windows were saying if I was to get 60 fleeet marks I got 30 Fleet marks or none at all.I also watch the same thing happen in PVE borg missions were I did not recive any Dilithium when I should of had 930 Dilithium.I took a snapshot of the screen showing none being refined the NPC saying I recived it and none in the bank.This has occur 6 Times already.Just something to keep in mind with all the sector borg missions that you cannot Hail cammand with after completing.another thing also lose is 900 Zen from my account I am waiting a week for a answer from perfect world.
    edited June 2013
    I spend more then I should. I made a agreement with my wife that I would only spend what the sub used to cost me. After looking at my zen buys over the last months, I am averaging double that.

I LIKE the fact the boxes are a gamble. I clearly understand that. I just find the complete lack of meanwhile rewards insulting. I am doing what I can to spread the word about the crappy rewards from the boxes as well as discarding hundreds to thousands of boxes as often as I can.

Do your part, discard all Tal Shiar Boxes and if you have some extra EC, buy some off the exchange just to discard them as well.
    Admiral%20sig%202.png