test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Collision Boxes

karl2025karl2025 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Romulan Discussion
You could fit another two D'Deridexes in between two D'Deridexes this game says has collided. It's ridiculious.
Post edited by karl2025 on

Comments

• captainobvious09captainobvious09 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can barely fit two D'der's on any STF map without them bouncing off of each other. I just hope they dont try to make the Scimitar.... then nobody would be able to fly.
  • azyurionazyurion Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    karl2025 wrote: »
    You could fit another two D'Deridexes in between two D'Deridexes this game says has collided. It's ridiculious.

Seriously! Since LoR launched I have seen ships at full speed "hanging", "hooking" and otherwise being stopped dead by ships in near, but not physical contact. THis situation needs to be addressed. Some abilities, like Eject Warp Plasma, are rendered all but useless because of this terrible implementation, imho.
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I seriously stopped a BOP in CSE today with my Mogai. It wasn't going anywhere.
  • satanailofhwbgsatanailofhwbg Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's the same thing with the ground missions. The CD algorithm needs a serious revision.
  • caelrasstocaelrassto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The D'D is pretty bad collision wise. I was running an EWP on it and it was so big it knocked all of my targets out of the way of the plasma stream. Completely ineffective. I would advise against EWP for the D'D.
  • latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The worst thing is Gorn minefield pve, Was cloaked in my DD, got stuck on the bloody hotboxes of the mines before they targeted me:<

The hooking thing is also a problem, Really annoying when playing with my fleet and because I went with 0.8km of my fleeties defiant we are both rendered immobile O.o
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    collision detection on Romulan ships probably could be dialed down a bit, at least for the bigger ones. The Valdore/Mogai gets its wings stuck on stuff all the time.
  • drasketodrasketo Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In sector space, there is nearly half a lightyear between the D'deridex and any thing else...

And yeah, gotten that ship stuck on mines, had to evasive and do a 180 then curve back around to get out of the traffic jam in Qo'nos orbit, etc. Its pretty bad and needs to be looked into soon.