test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

rom ships ?

maddog1973maddog1973 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Hi all just maxed out my first rom tac & ugh im not sure the ships are up to much at all .

im currently flying in the one with the same bo layout as the raptor but it feels weak
iv tried a few of the others the mogia the DD the tav all seem crud to be honest.

if its not the crud turnrate or seriously poor BO layout i go in to pve /pvp & get wasted
seem very weak.

Now b4 U all flame me & say l2p iv got 1 fed tac (had eng & sci) but deleted due to being boring.

Now kling are my fav iv got 2 tac 2 sci & an eng all max i play all in pvp & can normaly hold my own ... cept when U come up agianst good squads like tsi & such.

anyone any thoughts on what i should try weapon console wise ?

currently running plasma cannons ddb quant torp 3 turrets
bo set up is 2 x tac t 1 2 x bo 2 crf 2 & 3 hyt 3 ep2s 1 x 2 rsp1 sci team 1 & hazzards 2
Post edited by maddog1973 on

Comments

• marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a Tactical Romulan Officer and I have used both the Mogai and T'varo retrofits in missions. Using the T'Varo I have got first place in Crystalline Catastrophe multiple times.

Both ships are good especially when allying with the Klingons and using plasmonic leech with full points spent on Flow Capacitors to boost the power gain from that console. I am also using the Romulan Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator to help me shield tank.

I have not done any PvP with them because I would be at a disadvantage wile at tier 0 of all the reputation system but once you unlock abilities from higher tiers the Romulan ships will be better. Currently even at tier 0 I have done well in Elite STF missions. I like flying these new Romulan Warbirds.
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find using the T'Varo retrofit and Ha'feh very effective in most scenarios.

Weapons console - if you were experienced, you'd know that you should go full energy-type enhancement consoles. No exceptions, unless you really want to put one torp-type console on.

Your boff setup also has a some major weaknesses.

1. No Attack Patterns
    Without the benefit of APD/APO, your ship is going to be rather squishy. Keep at full speed at all times. Also, Tractor Beams have become much more common in PvP, as they are a cheap way to counter Battle Cloaks, and once you have one on you, with no counters, your defense will be next to nothing, and you will be critted to kingdom come. Mount at least one APO.

2. 2x BO2
    Note that the unique aspect of warbirds is their singularity core, which reduces the amount of energy you have. With your chained beam overloads, your weapons energy, which is already slightly lower than comparable KDF/Fed ships, will be reduced to an awfully low amount, even worse than your other ships. Dedicated PvP'ers usually mount two only when they have the weapons drain reduction doff combined with DEM.

3. Lack of hull heals
    Bleedthrough has become far more deadly after LoR's release, due to the prevalence of Nanite Disruptors along with boosts to Exotic Damage, which frequently bypasses shields. Also, many more people are using Plasma weaponry to stick with the Romulan theme, which can bypass shields as well. Furthermore, those using the double BO tactic will be using DEM, which allows some damage to bypass shields as well. Therefore, your single Hazard Emitters will be completely insufficient without team heals.

Also, a note: do not ever engage your cloak while under fire, unless you have Evasive up. It just drops your shields and makes you fresh meat for any weapons fire coming your way.

TL;DR: Your setup, while it may work for other factions, does not work on warbirds due to their strengths and weaknesses. Adjust to compensate for those weaknesses play to their strengths, and you will do much better.
  • alopenalopen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just to add to what scurry5 said, your weapon loadout is similiar to a KDF BOP. I would refer to some of those builds if your going for an alpha striker. If you want to stay in the fight like a raptor then ditch the torpdo and go 3dhc's + dbb. Also, if you have 2 tac teams then don't waste another boff slot on sci team or eng team. Grab a TB at the very least.