test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator

delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
Universal Console from the Rom Valdore Heavy WB.
Part of a 2-piece set.

This console gives your energy weapon attacks a passive 2.5% chance to heal your shield for 200% of the damage dealt, per facing, if I'm not mistaken.

This seems rather absurd.
Post edited by deleroux on

Comments

• erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now, I don't know if you think it's absurd because you think it's OP or bad, or something else.

The console is really powerful, on my Rom I've seen 9K+ shield healing PER FACING. And I use blue/green gear.
    However, it's random, and most of the time it will proc when your shield are almost full, but not when depleted. Sometime it will proc at the right moment, and it's awesome, your shield are back full.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • martin1970giesenmartin1970giesen Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deleroux wrote: »
    Universal Console from the Rom Valdore Heavy WB.
    Part of a 2-piece set.

This console gives your energy weapon attacks a passive 2.5% chance to heal your shield for 200% of the damage dealt, per facing, if I'm not mistaken.

This seems rather absurd.

Fleet-mate had a 1700 a sec average shield-heal a whole ISE (parcer it).
    It was 15 times the EPTS2 x2.
    Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463
    Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
    Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It desperately needs a short ICD (4 seconds or so ought to it), but the streakiness of the proc (sometimes you get nothing, sometimes you get a few hundred, and sometimes you get 25k) is enough to keep it from being ridiculous once it can't go off five times every volley.
    Fleet-mate had a 1700 a sec average shield-heal a whole ISE (parcer it).
    It was 15 times the EPTS2 x2.

Somebody isn't taking into account the ~20% damage resist boost an EPtS2 will give you.
  • delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    Now, I don't know if you think it's absurd because you think it's OP or bad, or something else.

Absurd as in OP, obviously.
  • lowery99lowery99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was using this yesterday on the Mogai refit. Not sure I would call it OP.

It procs a lot when you are blasting away at stationary targets but for random values. It may be as little as 500 per facing and then not proc for a while.

In pvp people are using position and abilities to slow down your fire rate so much that it won't save you.

When you compare this to consoles that do stuff like give you a death beam, an invincibility bubble, a cannon bolt that can do 30k damage, reversing time to restore shields/hull, point defense and others.... it isn't that incredible.

Regarding the person that parsed the data.... the way it procs it shows "healing" even when shields are full. Someone is not going to be using epts when shields are full. so basically you have a LOT of wasted healing counted in that. If you were to compare the two only when shields are down I would bet epts would be far more effective.
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, it is ridiculous. Tac pilots in Warbirds are getting 2-3 million heal points in PvP's during a 15-20 minute game. Those are numbers that a dedicated sci/eng healer using all of his Bridge Officer abilities for healing would get. So yeah, I'd say it's absurd.
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skurf wrote: »
    Yes, it is ridiculous. Tac pilots in Warbirds are getting 2-3 million heal points in PvP's during a 15-20 minute game. Those are numbers that a dedicated sci/eng healer using all of his Bridge Officer abilities for healing would get. So yeah, I'd say it's absurd.

The overwhelming majority of that healing is coming while the ship isn't taking fire FYI.
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The overwhelming majority of that healing is coming while the ship isn't taking fire FYI.

It was still healing his shields, otherwise it wouldn't count as heal points. If someone is at 100% shields and you use a heal, there are no heal points shown on the scoreboard. So obviously he was either under fire or had taken fire in order to heal himself through this console.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Definitevely way OP.
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When I first saw this console i expected something like tachyon beam I + transfer shield strenght I but no It is like 3x transfer shield strenght III+reverse shield polarity.

dammit Cryptic , nerf it or rename on Massive shield generator FTW. Where is bleeding? I want play this thing but i can not , coz i am not a swine. You win every PvE what you playing (unless someone another has that console) and you can not be beaten in 1vs1 pvp (unless you are not absolute newbie).

My suggestion is remake that console on something like Tetryon glider bonus damage on enemy shields + shield heal how much damage was caused in addition.
  • alopenalopen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Given how OP other stuff is. Meh its not all that bad. It's probably the one low lvl universal console that is worth using on lvl 50 toons for Romulans. The others only get used if there is a two piece set bonus. If we want to cry about something, lets cry about temporal backstep or some of the other lobi ship nonsense. :rolleyes:
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i heard from a dev in another topic about this console, is that theres currently a bug in the coding that was getting double the power that it should have been from tac skills, making it range a lot higher than it should have in healing.

so when the bugs fixed it shouldn't be as OP as it is now.
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.31.20130609a.17

General:

All factions now have an off duty costume slot and access to off duty clothing.
    Dilithium Mine
    Removed a typo on the name of the Mine Interior.
    Minor graphical adjustments on the Interior and Exterior map.
    The Shield Adaptive Frequency Generator on the Valdore has be tuned so it no longer outpaces its intended healing rate.
    Groups of Elachi ships should no longer fire their Crescent Wave Cannon all at once.
    Updated the tool tip for all MACO Resiliant Shield Arrays to note that the power absorption does not stack with plasmotic leech.

Known Issues

We're still working out the kinks with everyone having off duty costume slots, some costumes may only be partially available. Pardon our space dust.
    There was a bug in the way the Shield Adaptive Frequency Generator's heal amount was calculated, causing it to sometimes "double-dip" on damage bonus powers on the player. This meant that a player could deal say 400 damage with a hit, but see a heal pop up for 4000 - notably more than the "twice the damage dealt to the target" indicated in the console's tooltip. The console's core functionality has not been changed, but some edge cases where it was healing drastically more than its tooltip indicated should no longer occur.

Source: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760451

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.