test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pugs and trolls

dtranquildtranquil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Well given all the updates of late I am still suprised by the lack of a votekick option.

The reason i bring this up is because of the growing number of trolls ruining stf's on purpose who PWI refuse to deal with.

Fed allliance fleet delta , A fleet who seem to choose to ruin stfs on purpose both ground and space by destroying wrong targets then afking or afking then rushing through so everything spawns. They seem to be the new starfleet dental. (18 stf's ended up with these fools some even through the elite stf channels)

Pugs are meant to be for everyone yet at the moment theres no way to remove the dead weight or troll who happily ruin the runs purely because they can and they are aware pwi are too lazy to actually deal with them.
Post edited by dtranquil on

Comments

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i ran an stf earlier in the day on khitomer ground normal, when it came time to destroy the devices behind the shields, two players were messing about in the room, another player was so distracted from attacking the device when the shield did come down, it was almost a waste of time. meanwhile i was sitting there confused about it as the last player was shouting out orders and getting annoyed. i stepped away after a minute when it was clear nothing was getting done.

finally towards the end of the optional timer, we took one of them down when the others finally got themselves in gear, the last player who was barking his TRIBBLE left with about 50 seconds on the clock then pm'ed me vile abuse because i stepped away for a few seconds when nothing was getting done by the other members, he ignorantly put me on ignore (vile abuse of the ignore list, typical though). to be fair the one who was barking orders was trying to take down the device himself but without the extend anyway, i saw little point in helping until all the team was focused.

if there was a choice in who would take the room, i would of done it because as a reman engineer with bunker kit, it is significantly more easier.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • dtranquildtranquil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    As discussed many time before, votekick is too open to abuse to work in this scenario, as you would have players booting other players simply because they didn't like the ship they were using or their name etc etc.

However with PWI refusing to act theres already an extreme level of abuse going with the troll's troll fleet's and the afkers and theres no way to challenge them.

Strangely wows abuse is "minimal" as they put timers and look at patterns so if someone kicks a lot they will come under scrutiny , Yet here you can have 1 person leach/troll/bot for 24 hours farm a shed load and not get touched.

So what small fleet players or players working different shifts to their mates shouldn't be allowed to pug in safety instead getting theese trolls who know for a fact they can ruin people's stfs and never get touched.
  • dtranquildtranquil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valoreah wrote: »
    Yes there is. Make friends and team with people you know. You'll never have an issue with griefers if you do.

Doesn't work when im on different shifts to everyone. And that argument is very time limited meaning you are stuck then to time windows where you know people. Which is where that argument fails.

You could know 100+ people on this game + your fleeties and still struggle at times to make a 5 man team. depending on what times people play at.