test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Slipstream Drive

kaaahhhhhnnnnnkaaahhhhhnnnnn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I did a full tour of the Universe today to get the well travelled perk and discovered another unannounced change. The slipstream drive no longer stays active between Sectors. This is quite a problem as in doing the full tour there are very few spaces that you can use a full slipstream charge.

So was this intentional or an accident?
Post edited by kaaahhhhhnnnnn on

Comments

• Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Regardless, it makes no sense RP wise to turn it off once you go into the next sector block. What, the quantum slip stream just malfunctioned because I had to switch maps? Makes no sense, sorry. Fix this ASAP Cryptic, especially considering that you want to go to a full map and this sort of TRIBBLE wouldn't happen on a full map.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Half the time you're pointed the wrong way anyway, and have to turn off SS just to get turned around.
  • Options
    kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, this is embarrassing. I can cut through two sector blocks on a full charge, but it stops me halfway though. Changing to a master map would solve this in an instant.
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I reported this on the Tribble bug forum a while ago:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=9201291

Another bug is that full-impulse-toggle quantum slipstream breaks autopilot.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't turn it off from the icon above the throttle slider, I MUST use the tray icon.

...And whats the story with some warp cores claim it reduces slipstream cooldown by 100% ?

:confused:
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    I can't turn it off from the icon above the throttle slider, I MUST use the tray icon.

...And whats the story with some warp cores claim it reduces slipstream cooldown by 100% ?

:confused:

It's basically the Omega engine slipstream cooldown bonus placed on a warp core. It still doesn't do anything to my knowledge, since slipstream's GCD is the same as it's base CD.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's basically the Omega engine slipstream cooldown bonus placed on a warp core. It still doesn't do anything to my knowledge, since slipstream's GCD is the same as it's base CD.

LOL, the omega cooldown has always been broken.

GG Cryptic
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited June 2013
    I did a full tour of the Universe today to get the well travelled perk and discovered another unannounced change. The slipstream drive no longer stays active between Sectors. This is quite a problem as in doing the full tour there are very few spaces that you can use a full slipstream charge.

So was this intentional or an accident?

let us know if u ever get an answer. as we too want it back.