test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan Doffs needed

smi3thsmi3th Member Posts: 218 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Fist of all I would like to say that I am overall very happy with the LoR expansion and have greatly enjoyed the Romulan experience so far.

But there is one Issue I would like to see addressed.

At present you are able to recruit Romulan duty officers at New Romulus. This works exactly the same as the personnel officers at Starfleet Academy and the Klingon Academy.

Sadly, there are no "species-specific" officers like the Federation and the KDF have. I understand this as the Romulan Empire is not racially diverse like the others, though I would have liked to see a Reman officer who could offer you a "Reman Officer Exchange" mission, and maybe even a Hirogen one if a story could be worked in as to why they were siding with the republic. However, as a Romulan you can still go to Earth or Qo'NoS and recruit their species-specific officers.

However, when you undertake the "Resettle Colonists" mission you get Federation or Klingon colonists, not Romulan ones. This in my mind really needs to change. Particularly due to the colonial nature of the Romulan Republic, it would make sense that Republic colonists would be actively looking for new worlds to settle on. So let's get some Romulan Colonists.

Likewise, when you complete a commendation rank with your duty officers, you get the same selection of duty officers that you would as a Federation or KDF player. This in my mind also needs to change. While the Marauding/Diplomacy ones could remain the same (since they are all species you can't normally get) the selection of officers you can draft should at the very least include a smattering of Romulan and Reman officers (ad while we're at it the Marauding/Diplomacy lists for KDF/Fed could include a Romulan and a Reman or two now that those guys are in the game).

That's my $0.02.

Peet

Comments

• Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can go to Starfleet Academy and grab the Duty Officer Assignments there. :)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222