test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

There can be only one

blackmoonblackmoon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Romulan Discussion
I have now played a Romulan Science officer up to Sub-Admiral and find that it is not meshing to be aligned with either Federation or Klingon. The game makes us choose which side and once that side is chosen your punished. Well for the sheer joy of being Romulan. I chose Federation and here is the issues

1. uniform you cannot wear Starfleet uniforms nor any uniforms on account you have to choose between 4 or 5 uniforms all romulans

2. Ships restricted- None of the federation ships can be accessed even ships your level you have on account.

So the question is why did we have to chose federation or Klingon and if we had to chose sides should we not have the same features available to us well for being federation for one and Romulan second ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    darkzenithukdarkzenithuk Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The uniform issue makes sense, as you are an ally, not an actual member. When members of a military are loaned to another as advisors etc, they wear their country's uniform, and not that of the one they are advising.

As for the Fed ships, I can't say for certain as I have yet to reach a point where I want or need a Fed ship, but I was under the impression that they should be available to purchase as long as you meet the required rank. So either you don't meet the required rank, or there is some other issue blocking you from using them.

Personally, I never liked the idea of being aligned with either faction, and think it's a very lazy solution on Cryptic's part. Three way PvP could and would have worked, if they had just put the time into it. But I guess we have to be happy that they put the Romulans in at all, even if the end result could have been better.
    Mortem a mundo, ortum republica, imperii ruina.
  • Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can use any T1-4 ship of your ally, but you have to spend dilithium on them (or claim them from the C-Store).

My Romulan is flying a Sao Paulo. Once I hit T5, it'll be back to a Romulan ship tho. That's okay with me. I have a Fed to fly Fed ships.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • Options
    darkzenithukdarkzenithuk Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah, that's right, the high tiers are restricted. Makes sense, otherwise there would be no reason to roll anything other than a Romulan.
    Mortem a mundo, ortum republica, imperii ruina.