test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan BOffs & DOffs?

ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Romulan Discussion
It seems that Romulan level-based DOff packs contain Romulan-faction DOff packs, but standard and reinforcement DOff packs contain KDF/FED DOffs (based on ally). In the same way, BOffs earned through recruitment DOff assignments are from your ally. So I guess what I'm saying is why?

This isn't really a big problem for DOffs, but cross-faction BOffs need to be trained at ESD/Quonos.

This is just a minor feature that doesnt really hurt anyone, but it would be cooler to have romulans running your ship than feds or klingons
Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
Post edited by ajma420 on

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can do recruitment at Mol'Rihan command you know...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    warzeriorwarzerior Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ajma420 wrote: »
    It seems that Romulan level-based DOff packs contain Romulan-faction DOff packs, but standard and reinforcement DOff packs contain KDF/FED DOffs (based on ally). In the same way, BOffs earned through recruitment DOff assignments are from your ally. So I guess what I'm saying is why?

This isn't really a big problem for DOffs, but cross-faction BOffs need to be trained at ESD/Quonos.

This is just a minor feature that doesnt really hurt anyone, but it would be cooler to have romulans running your ship than feds or klingons

The recruitment in the Romulan Command gives only Romulans.

I think they aren't giving out "bought" packs yet...

The exchange however gives a random species of your allied faction *sigh*
  • Options
    onikirionikiri Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can do recruitment at Mol'Rihan command you know...

It isn't the training it's that it is just a pretty big inequity that the duty officer packs are two-faction still when for the RP among our ranks, or just the ones that are OCD about things that they can't just grab a Romulan only pack.

BOFFs are the bigger issue however, it isn't like you have any really easy standard way to acquire the rarer ones and the fact you can't train with your ally's officers is a pretty mind numbing issue with setups... Not to mention not being able to do anything with Tovan which IMO means Romulans should have gotten a free extra boff slot, cause honestly for a Very Rare he is pretty crappy.
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree that most Romulan DOFFs and BOFFs should be Romulan/Reman/Alien first, and ally faction DOFFs and BOFFs should be secondary.