test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Numbus error

saladinbobsaladinbob Member Posts: 116 Arc User
Before I go any further, this contains minor spoilers.

On Nimbus, during the search for the Tharalon triggers, you receive one of the few voice acted briefings. This briefing takes place with one of your Bridge Officers but the problem is that the voice acting is provided by a man regardless of whether the BOFF giving the briefing is male or female (in my case it was female).

This is a pretty glaring mistake by Cryptic. It's bad enough that the voice acting in this game is the worst of any game in history but to have a female talking in a deep male voice is a mistake too far.

It needs sorting out and whilst you're at it, go hire some decent actors and re-record your damn voice acting scripts.
Post edited by saladinbob on

Comments

• Options
    dixoniumdixonium Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I encountered the same error. The voice you hear is the one assigned to Tovan Khev, the lead BOFF on the Romulan side of things. Unfortunately, his voiceover is being applied to Federation (and perhaps KDF) BOFFs as well during this mission on Nimbus III. (Oh, and incidentally, on the subject of voiceovers? Tovan Khev's voice acting is top notch. If you're not playing Romulan missions, you're missing out.)
  • Options
    alexrichardsalexrichards Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Considering 2 of the major voices you hear during LoR are Denise Crosby and the person who played D'Tan in unification.. I don't buy your hire better actor lines.

You want phones in because contractually obliged.. re-do the fed tutorial and listen to Zachary's EMH..
    Admiral Alex 'Grumpy Cat' Richards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What you looking @ Admiral?"
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Considering 2 of the major voices you hear during LoR are Denise Crosby and the person who played D'Tan in unification.. I don't buy your hire better actor lines.

You want phones in because contractually obliged.. re-do the fed tutorial and listen to Zachary's EMH..

Wait, Vidal Peterson voices D'Tan? :confused:
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep it's Tovan, a BOFF/NPC involved in Romulan story.

And yeah, so far for me, he was the voice for a female vulcan (scary), a breen (made me laugh), and a female Klingon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did you have the female BO set as your first officer? That may have something to do with it, as Tovan is supposed to be speaking to you. By default he is set as my first officer, and I have had no such issues with voice not matching face.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.