test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Since LoR, I can't select teammates...

stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
Since the Legacy of Romulus expansion, I've noticed that I don't seem to be able to select team mates by clicking their faces in the team area of the HUD anymore. As a healer-tank I find this frustrating because it makes me have to find the player that needs a heal and try to click on them (no easy task in the middle of a starbase defense furball). I am on a laptop where the function keys are set up as volume controls, etc, so my keybind options are limited. Please restore this functionality so we can select team mates easily again.

Thanks for listening.
Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
Post edited by stararmy on

Comments

• Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think this is already a known issue...i have it too, and i read in another post about it.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It makes healing in PvP nigh impossible.

Have to use F1-F5.
  • Options
    umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I coped by using the F2 to F6 keys... but I share this problem and would appreciate it being attended to as well.
  • Options
    packer3434packer3434 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can also right click their portraits to select them, this will bring up the drop down menu but this goes once you choose to throw them a he or shield heal etc.
    Well I can't forget a face but I won't remember y'all.
    Bleed Green and Gold
  • Options
    arbiterx51arbiterx51 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too have this problem, was doing eSTF, went to heal buddy boy who flew to close to the cube.. click... click. click.. wtf why cant I select him.... maybe its hidden... click Engineering Team, heals self (already at full health)... buddy boy goes up in flames... oops
  • Options
    ydypydyp Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    Would expect that it is a known issue by now. But I'm wondering how it could get past tribble into live. This is a pretty obvious bug, and probably not much needed to fix as someone probably just forgot to hook the click events to the new UI parts (just me guessing).

So adopted to the use of the F-keys as well now, hoping this will get fixed soon.
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You have to left-click on the portrait image in the team window to select. If you click anywhere else in the player window, it don't select them.
  • Options
    dummynamedummyname Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nah, gotta right click em. I spent a whole pvp match trying to desperately left click every square inch of the entire player portrait, health bars, buffs, you name it. Could not select them.
    24 Hours a day, 365 days a week.
  • Options
    pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    use the default f1-f4 to select your teammates, or rebind them to 1-4.

Better yet, bind 1-4 to target the particular teammate -and- throw your shield heal(s) at them and bind alt1- alt4 to target the teammate -and- throw your hull heals at them.
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is Cryptic's old tradition. They add something nice while end up porking something.
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]