test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lobi store Romulan

catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Romulan Discussion
I was curious about the new Lobi store Romulan I just got, and had some thoughts on it.

I noticed that the Original series uniform had at least some clothing options available, but Romulan Republic uniforms of either faction were not.

My questions are:

Is unlocking the Tal Shiar uniform an account-wide unlock, or just a character unlock.

Can the Romulan Borg Bridge officer wear the Tal Shiar uniform?

I'm curious because I was hoping to give my Romulan Borg bridge officer the Tal Shiar uniform on my federation character, but I'm not sure about the answer to either of these questions.

As a slightly related question, can one have more than one Liberated Borg Romulan Bridge officer from the Lobi store active in your bridge crew at the same time?

Any answers that could shed some light on this would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by catoblepasbeta on

Comments

• Options
    nefarius2nefarius2 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't have any answers for you, but rather a question. can she wear the Romulan 22nd century outfit? It would work with my crew if so. Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    all lobi unlocks are character unlocks
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nefarius2 wrote: »
    Don't have any answers for you, but rather a question. can she wear the Romulan 22nd century outfit? It would work with my crew if so. Thank you in advance.

22nd-century clothign options do appear, as well as the option to buy them (since I haven't bought them)
    saxfire wrote: »
    all lobi unlocks are character unlocks

Yes, I understand that Lobi store items and Bridge officers etc are single-character unlocks. I'm curious if some of the Romulan clothing options are account-unlocks. Specifically the Tal Shiar uniform. I have the Romulan Borg Bridge officer already, I am wondering if I unlocked the Tal Shiar uniform on a Romulan character (or any other options for that matter-already know the TOS uniforms work for the character) if my Lobi officer would be able to use it on my federation character.

I already know that they are restricted from using Federation uniforms (only Romulan civilian-style uniforms are available) I was wondering if there was any way of expanding their small selection of clothing options available.
  • Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've got the Lobi Rommie on my Fed toon...the only clothing options I have for her are the initial Survivor Romulan outfits, the 22nd Century outfit, the Winter Jacket, and the Temporal Jumpsuit.

No Fed alliance uniform, no Republic uniform, no Tal Shiar uniform.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oddly enough, The Romulan Republic Uniforms and Federation variants were available for selection as one of the preset 'sets', but selecting them defaults to civilian clothing. Sounds like cryptic didn't think that part out 100%.

I'm curious if any Romulan players with the Lobi store borg officer can confirm if the Tal Shiar and Romulan Republic uniform variants unlock for their officers?
  • Options
    vandelemmingenvandelemmingen Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oddly enough, The Romulan Republic Uniforms and Federation variants were available for selection as one of the preset 'sets', but selecting them defaults to civilian clothing. Sounds like cryptic didn't think that part out 100%.

yea, would be great to have at least the faction alligned uniform because after all this boff is working for this faction.

republic would be great too but as a non rumolan you're not really part of the republic though
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yea, would be great to have at least the faction alligned uniform because after all this boff is working for this faction.

republic would be great too but as a non rumolan you're not really part of the republic though
    Possibly, but the zen store tos era uniform is still available, which makes very little sense if you think about it. Anyways, they could always be exchange officers, right now they are in a nebulous area where they aren't starfleet/kdf officers (since they can't use their uniforms) and aren't members of the RR either apparently, (since they can't use their uniforms either)
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought it was total BS that you can't purchase or activate the Romulan-Borg Science Officer until you choose which faction to join. The BOFF should be a Romulan DOFF for Republic characters rather than a BOFF "on loan" from one of the two primary factions. Just proves even more that there are only two factions with the Romulans being a sub faction of the primary ones.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    davidwford wrote: »
    I thought it was total BS that you can't purchase or activate the Romulan-Borg Science Officer until you choose which faction to join. The BOFF should be a Romulan DOFF for Republic characters rather than a BOFF "on loan" from one of the two primary factions. Just proves even more that there are only two factions with the Romulans being a sub faction of the primary ones.
    You have to choose your faction before you can purchase her? That's interesting, considering she has no faction-specific clothing available for me, just the civilian clothing and the TOS uniform. No Republic uniforms, no Republic-Federation uniforms, no Federation uniforms, no Tal Shiar uniforms. I can understand why the Klingon-Republic uniforms wouldn't be available for my bridge officer since I bought her for my Fed character, but I don't see why those other options would not be available.