test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

daily patches

deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
Most people have a download limit (monthly)... your daily patching is starting to annoy me. I suspect I've had to download about 7-8 gb of files since LOR was released. I don't mind the fact that the bugs are being fixed, but honestly I see large patches and little changes between each of them.

It is starting to cut into my gorn time!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keysmachinekeysmachine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow.. 7 to 8 GB that means you've downloaded in the last 3 days SEVEN to EIGHT THOUSAND Megabytes.

hmm lets do the math.. 3 days. 135 megs a patch. 135 x 3 = 405

DOES NOT COMPUTE.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,412 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow.. 7 to 8 GB that means you've downloaded in the last 3 days SEVEN to EIGHT THOUSAND Megabytes.

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

He may have been speaking in general. From launch that would be a lot of downloading. And 405 might not seem like much but if this goes on for week then that adds up. Also there may be other people on his network that also download things. Satellite sucks but sometimes its all you can get. :(
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • somebolloxsomebollox Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

you're missing the roughly 6Gb from LoR itself.
    with that and the patches, while I can't see 8GB, it's definitely not too far off to claim 6 to 7
  • stressedchrisstressedchris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic will continue to act like a bunch of clueless amatuers as long as there are people giving them cash while they do.

If people have a problem with them they need to speak up with their wallets. Bet Cryptic would soon change tact if they were getting no cash everyday....

I have far more money than sense but even I wont give them a penny while the game is in this state, and as its been like this for 3 years now im guessing its never going to get better....... Wish a proper company had made this game :(
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i used to be on a connection that had a monthly 20gb connection, when that is bypassed the connection is permanently slowed until the month was over and it speeds back up again. so glad to of switched out.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let me see, 6 gb, and about 7 100 plus mb... and a 600 mb prepatch... hmmm, that seems to be more than 7 gb
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't get the 125mb patch yesterday like I got on Sunday morning. Maybe it was a simple server reboot yesterday.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG