test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Boldly they rode - We may have a problem.

ascaladarascaladar Member Posts: 186 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Just started the mission and noticed that environmental suit graphics are not properly working on my romulan character. The result is that the lower half of the body looks like wearing the suit, while the upper torso still is in uniform and the head is gone. Tested it with a common environmental suit you get at the start of the mission as well as a Fed Environmental suit.

Graphic glitches like this are problematic enoguh, but I also do not get the option to jump across navigation points, which makes the mission impossible to complete since I cannot navigate through the DS9 exterior.

Any help or ideas?

Edit: Honestly, has cryptic any quality assurance to test their stuff before they release it?
Post edited by ascaladar on

Comments

• sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ascaladar wrote: »
    Just started the mission and noticed that environmental suit graphics are not properly working on my romulan character. The result is that the lower half of the body looks like wearing the suit, while the upper torso still is in uniform and the head is gone. Tested it with a common environmental suit you get at the start of the mission as well as a Fed Environmental suit.

Graphic glitches like this are problematic enoguh, but I also do not get the option to jump across navigation points, which makes the mission impossible to complete since I cannot navigate through the DS9 exterior.

Any help or ideas?

More detail may be necessary for your specifics.
    I just ran it with a female Lib Borg Rom/Fed aligned without that issue.
  • ascaladarascaladar Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Female character, fed aligned Romulan.

This is how the environmental suit looks: http://postimg.org/image/wjlb45j9v/
  • thomas28ththomas28th Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had, and reported this error as far back as LOR closed beta.

I am, however, not experiencing it on the current live build.
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ascaladar wrote: »
    Female character, fed aligned Romulan.

This is how the environmental suit looks: http://postimg.org/image/wjlb45j9v/

Ya, definitely would have noticed that. Does it always occur with any ev suit/environment? Or just there?
    edited May 2013
    Tested it with with the common environmental suit I got in that mission, a rare quality suit from Nukara and a Fed environmental suit.

Always the same issue. Upper torso shows still the standard uniform and the head is gone. Helmet lights /reflection are however still visible.

It is definatly not a video card issue, as the navigation options on the DS9 hull are also gone and other players can also see my characters head-less while wearing a suit and yes it appears in any environment. I had not noticed it earlier since I had not yet started on the Nukara reputation and there was no need in for environmental suits before.
  • daggermoondaggermoon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol yeah reported this in closed beta as well seems to only affect tac's though
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this will probably seem like a silly question, but... is your E-suit turned on?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Yes it is turned on, never mind the message about vacuum damage. but it really does not make a difference.