test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vault dialogue problem for Reman Commanders

pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Romulan Discussion
I just finished The Vault episode with my Reman toon expecting a cool exchange between Obisek and me (since we're both Remans after all) and Obisek acted like he was talking to a Romulan rather than a fellow Reman!

I understood that dialogue when I played the episode with my Romulan toon but I was expecting something different when I played a Reman. I was specifically looking forward to how Obisek would react to my Reman toon.

There needs to be some additional dialogue from Obisek that makes sense if you're playing as a Reman. Even if Obisek doesn't immediately make friends with you he should AT LEAST acknowledge you as a fellow Reman.

Maybe when you first encounter him in the Vault he can accuse you of betraying your fellow Remans or accuse you of perpetuating the stereotype of Remans serving Romulans like loyal lapdogs.

In any case, the dialogue between Obisek and Reman players REALLY needs to acknowledge that they are both Remans.
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
Post edited by pweistheworst on

Comments

• Options
    mrtsheadmrtshead Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While this would be awesome, I don't think it would be very easy at all - I strongly suspect there would have to be new tech for the dialogue to flag not just your faction, but your specific race. It would be cool, though - and it would be neat to have the same tech for Fed/KDF missions, as well.
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrtshead wrote: »
    While this would be awesome, I don't think it would be very easy at all - I strongly suspect there would have to be new tech for the dialogue to flag not just your faction, but your specific race. It would be cool, though - and it would be neat to have the same tech for Fed/KDF missions, as well.

Well, at the very least there should be a dialogue option where YOU discuss the fact that you are a Reman with Obisek. In the next mission (Frozen) one of the multiple choice dialogue options was new for my Reman toon when Obisek asks if you will support the Reman resistance -- something to the effect of "I will not betray my own kind."

Obisek then responds as if you are a Reman ... so a player-initiated section of dialogue that is species specific is clearly an option, and it should be added to The Vault mission as well.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.