test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Caitian useless as Engineering with U8's new trait system with useless old traits?

kiarasenakiarasena Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Federation Discussion
I was waiting for U8 to see if they would add the Warp Theorist trait to Caitian before making a Fed Engi, so made a Caitian a bit ago and got dissapointed after logging in..
Why are there still just bogus traits?.. If you compare it to other Romulan/Fed classes, Caitian seems to be nerfed with the amount of traits. :(

Personally I do more space and so want more space traits, and that does mean "U.S.E.F.U.L.L." traits.. :P
*Pokes nubby Cryptic guys* :o Can you guys fix it?.. There exists something called "SPACE", not everyone is a ground lover.

Oh, and for people wanting to post a reply, please don't bother to post things like "Caitian is good for ground as they can jump high and knock other down" as I've already read that 20 times and don't care to read more of it..
Post edited by kiarasena on

Comments

• Options
    ingenieursschafingenieursschaf Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you realy think a kitten is good starship captain? *lol*
  • Options
    carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ingenieursschaf does have a point....do you really think the bridge officers want to be anywhere near that litter-box when the battle starts and things start flying around?:D
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All good kitty captains keep their litter tray in the ready room so that is not a problem. It's the furballs now that is what you want to avoid :D

The trait system is new give it time to bed in. Some things may not look useful in the description however we don't know the long term effects yet.
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The fact is afaik there is no race that has enough dpace relevant traits on start to use only those. Ground easily but not space. There are however new space traits available from boxes/exchange and it stands to reason that there will be more in the future.

Cause when cryptic does add something like new trait-system they wanna make money of it.
  • Options
    kingofpikachukingofpikachu Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow the PvP engineer and my sci. kitty , you say them both suck?

It depends on your skills in ground and what kit, skills and other gear you have. If you go on the assault maps, theres people that have sci. cats giving out 1 hit kills.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to agree. I was disappointed at LoR launch to see my Catian engineer only had a total of like 4 space traits to choose from. :(

(I didn't take Pounce when I created him but I took it after LoR launch and boy is that one fun. :D)
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cats are fine. Warp Theorist is nice, but it's hardly the strongest trait out there. You might get an extra point or so of power off of its skill bonus. Hardly comparable to the class traits or Accurate and Elusive.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have to agree. I was disappointed at LoR launch to see my Catian engineer only had a total of like 4 space traits to choose from. :(

Same.

Frankly it's kind of insulting to only have 2 Space Traits to pick from (Accurate and Elusive).

Isn't there anything else to give them? At all?

My level 50 VA has 4 Space Traits (2 class) and 15 Ground Traits (2 class). That seems slightly...unbalanced.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!