Options

The Mugato fight in "Coliseum" is luck-based

2»

Comments

• Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    I'm curious what is the Mugato's HP is on Elite Difficulty?

[you can find this by clicking on the button by the NPCs box]

As you can only do a max of maybe 100-500hp dmg on a crit with the standard weapons if it has an HP setting of 5k+ I could see this taking awhile otherwise I usually grab a sword from the weapon rack if I don't have one and get behind him as much as possible to get the Flanking dmg bonus. It helps that I have the Roll maneuver bound to my middle mouse button. Unless it has changed Roll gives you [Roll Modifiers = +100% Dodge Chance +900% Avoidence], so whenever it starts to come at me I just roll backwards then move around behind again.

Also with Melee weapons its essential to keep moving left-right, never just stand in 1 spot or he willl pummel you to death.

Thanks to everyone for the tips.

I ran this on a DeltaRecruit Fed Engie alt on Elite.

I ended up popping a cover shield and drone in the very beginning. I had run ahead of Slamek. The Mugato went after the cover shield, and I spammed Bat'leth combinations (hitting 1,2,3) to hurt it and push it away while under the influence of X (33% more damage). It rarely jumped on me and used it's secondary smash attack which it was doing before, after three of those bite then smash attacks my character would die. Even when I tried to move around it. This time it mostly just swiped at me. It worked on my first try, prior to that I died 5-6 times.

Elite is mostly very doable, however there are occasional encounters that provide to be very difficult.

I do not know the Mugato's HP.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks to everyone for the tips.

I ran this on a DeltaRecruit Fed Engie alt on Elite.

I ended up popping a cover shield and drone in the very beginning. I had run ahead of Slamek. The Mugato went after the cover shield, and I spammed Bat'leth combinations (hitting 1,2,3) to hurt it and push it away while under the influence of X (33% more damage). It rarely jumped on me and used it's secondary smash attack which it was doing before, after three of those bite then smash attacks my character would die. Even when I tried to move around it. This time it mostly just swiped at me. It worked on my first try, prior to that I died 5-6 times.

Elite is mostly very doable, however there are occasional encounters that provide to be very difficult.

I do not know the Mugato's HP.
    click on it from outside aggro range then mouse-over it's HP meter.

Captain mobs often have as much as 2500 hp on ground.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I once entered this area without my sword equipped, and I could not get a spare sec to equip it...kept getting hit, and couldn't manage to equip the blade. Had to beam out, and re-do the mission.
    :p
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg