test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Turret Fabrication and Veril

sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Ok, so I'm confused as to why this is happening, and if it's intentional.

On a Fed-Rom, my Turret Fabrications are Phaser. Veril's, however, are Disruptors and actually beam down with the Klingon Beaming graphic. Not just the initial one, but if I train her in additonal Turrets as well.

It's especially odd and jarring when my Armory Officer triggers, and she beams in two Phaser Turrets alongside her Disruptor Turret.

It's really not a big deal, I am just confused by it. Although personally, I would prefer if Romulans used Plasma turrets instead of their allied Turrets.
Post edited by sudoku7 on

Comments

• Options
    azyurionazyurion Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm probably wrong, but my guess is that Romulan npc's default to disruptor so she will default to dropping them. You doff being fed will bonus phasers and so when the proc hits she drops those. Maybe, if i'm right, its working as intended. Personally, I'ld be glad of the multiple damage types.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    azyurion wrote: »
    I'm probably wrong, but my guess is that Romulan npc's default to disruptor so she will default to dropping them. You doff being fed will bonus phasers and so when the proc hits she drops those. Maybe, if i'm right, its working as intended. Personally, I'ld be glad of the multiple damage types.

Hmm, quite possible, I've only noticed it with Veril, but I haven't really tried to deploy other Romulan engineers. Time to experiment!

Tested it out with the plot awarded engineer you get during the Vengeance arc, and you are correct. The Romulan BOFFs do in fact generally summon Disruptors [with klingon beam in effect :/].

Still hoping for Plasma based turrets, but for now, I got my own rainbow ground army going, so yay.

Also, thank you :).
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm... yeah it'll be nice if the devs add the ability to have RR Boffs use plasma turrets, but... disruptor is fine.

also I'd be cool with it if Veril kept Disruptor indefinately. She's a Reman, and Remans normally use disruptors. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,656 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you have a Fed engineer on your Rom, what turrets do they summon? I'm KDF allied, so I can't play with that.
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems to me some of the little things like this still need some polish. Security Team beams down Romulans dressed like farmers on Virinat instead of them being in the default uniforms most RR militia wear.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tom61sto wrote: »
    If you have a Fed engineer on your Rom, what turrets do they summon? I'm KDF allied, so I can't play with that.

Fed Engineer summons blue turrets/phaser.

Romulans also say they're fabricating a phaser turret, but I'm not sure if that's really unusual.