test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tailor issues

tomin8rtomin8r Member Posts: 201 Arc User
No undo/redo button
Romulan TOS outfits are listed as "22nd Century" instead of 23rd.
Inability/extremely difficult to change colours for Rom TOS outfit pants.
Sash colours do not match pant colours, if you can change the colour at all.
Hair clipping bugs.
Annoying stubble that makes every male character look like a degenerate bum.
Rom TOS Sash clips shoulders when moving.
The preset row of characters is too close to the sliders, making accidental clicks a frequent occurrence. Since there is no undo/redo button like the old tailor, it becomes increasingly frustrating if you accidentally click one of them, and have to exit out to start again.
Post edited by tomin8r on

Comments

• zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tomin8r wrote: »
    Annoying stubble that makes every male character look like a degenerate bum.
    That one is, sadly, working as intended. It's a design decision to prevent players from creating characters that look like children.
  • tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tomin8r wrote: »
    The preset row of characters is too close to the sliders, making accidental clicks a frequent occurrence. Since there is no undo/redo button like the old tailor, it becomes increasingly frustrating if you accidentally click one of them, and have to exit out to start again.

Holy crow this is annoying, bit me tonight. The preset heads/faces should just be hidden once you click on the advanced button.
    There was an Undo button in the previous tailor, I don't know why they didn't put it in this version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nobody gets in until the Federation decides to make bigger doors.
  • tomin8rtomin8r Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I realize that the stubble is working as intended, however, it should be optional. It's rather rare to see a Starfleet officer with a massive 5 o clock shadow.
  • ayradyssayradyss Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The preset heads/faces should just be hidden once you click on the advanced button.

This! I've been playing around in the chargen and tailor since the closed beta phase on Tribble, and I'm SOOOO tired of having those presets in the way! Please make them disappear when we switch to the advanced settings!
    Live long, and prosper.
  • mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ayradyss wrote: »
    This! I've been playing around in the chargen and tailor since the closed beta phase on Tribble, and I'm SOOOO tired of having those presets in the way! Please make them disappear when we switch to the advanced settings!

^ this. It just must happen.

They steal preview space, they are useless 99% of the time, they cause accidental clicks.. i want an option to hide em too.. and a return of the undo/redo button.. those buttons are a must have.

Also the female tos costume has some color issues, picking the same color for left & right part isn't matching and purple/pink colors are missing for the clothy bit of the shirt.
  • duphy101duphy101 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They say the helmet is included, but i have not found it in the tailor options for the 22nd century uniform.
  • yeffarralyeffarral Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Felt the urge to decloak a moment and point out something that has been bothering me in the tailor.

Some of the skirts, they cause legs to get about a third of their mass carved off the inside thigh making legs look like stilts compared to say the TOS fed split skirt or any of the uniform pants that show leg shape. It isn't subtle at all, makes them look bowlegged to me.
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, the skirt and helmet issues are quite annoying.
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I found another weird error with the TOS Romulan outfit.

Before you join a faction, you have a row of green colours in the palate for the chain armor and the belt. After I joined the KDF... the green row has been replaced with blue. Not an addition, just a total replacement.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Liberated Borg Romulan Boff doesn't have the Borg Boff Suit (she should)!
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • skonnskonn Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The old long hair models for females are gone for Romulan females. Yes, the new models look more like hair...

More like hair they cut themselves. In the middle of an ion storm. Without a mirror.

I'm not saying others shouldn't like them, I'm just asking that you please return the older options, too.

+1 on the anorexic female legs that come with the 23rd century miniskirts.

+1 on the fact that the color palettes for the sashes don't match the pants (male) or tops (female)
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the support
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When working on the face, the player model keeps turning the head away - quite annoying

Helmets can be found under the head option, not under uniform.

From what I seen so far it's different who is allowed to wear what - my female romulans cannot wear the helmet and with the tal shiar set, males get a sash and females get a belt.

It all fades in the presence of the maco/omega/hg optional outfits having been blocked along with their accolades since december though.
  • goroda52goroda52 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    strange, when I tried to change my romulan costume in game, last two additional outfit didn't work
    at the tailor, I can't modify them and has 2 free additional costumes when all was used up?!!
    recreating the locked two outfits from a save did work, and was taken as uniform and fleet uniform, not additional outfits
    so now I am ok except the two freezed additional costumes I never paid for

Am I the only one in this case?
  • goroda52goroda52 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nice ...
    I just went to qo nos and now I have 4 new additional outfits locked and 4 new available
    locked count: 6
    should have only 7 costumes, have 13 now

isn't it nice :mad:
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another issue with the tailor; I still can't choose the MACO/Omega/Honor Guard tabs when modifying a Bridge officer!
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
    edited May 2013
    Keep the information coming people, your support is vital.
  • sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FED tailor issues,

no Off-Duty uniform button anymore.
    changing the color of the TWOK belt will also change the gloves color
    various uniform parts are missing. eg Soft Boots for TOS/TWOK uniform set.
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vestereng wrote: »
    When working on the face, the player model keeps turning the head away - quite annoying

When in the tailor, in the window that you see the character there is a tab/button at the bottom that says "Switch to Static Stance" It does not really stand out but that will stop your character moving around.
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • cassianncassiann Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Adding my 2 cents worth of copmaints.

Everytime I try to change the color of one thing it changes the color of everything in that same column.

Example: I try to change the color of a wrist attachment and it changes the color of the piece I want, the Jacket, the Belt, the Pants AND the boots in the same column. Or if I try to change the color of the Romulan Helmet is changes the color of the left wrist gaurd attachment. (This happens mainly for my Bridge Officers.)

Which brings me to my Second issue. The 23rd Century Helmet appears to only work on MALE characters/BOFFs but I am a Female and play a female Character. The Ronulan Helmet should NOT be gender limited. After all I paid for the LoR Pack I want the use of the Helmet and not just for male characters.

And I know it's asking to much that my BOFFS that are not Romulan get the option for the Helmet but come on they are serving aboard MY ship and shuld at least wear the Uniform of that ship. So they should have access to the Romulan Federation/Klingon uniforms as well.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No cape for remans :(
  • daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vestereng wrote: »

Did you not see the button marked Switch to Static Stance? That will keep your captain stationary.

Static_zps98c52009.png

Jolan'tru
  • vendahravendahra Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most of the boot options on my female Liberated Romulan Borg captain have no colour options and are stuck on black.

Marauder Boffs still not editable at all (we were assured "top men" were on it... a year and a half ago).

I would also like the option of a helmet on my female Romulans, the undo button and the ability to remove the presets as I've also had to cancel after accidently clicking one.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
    edited May 2013
    themartian wrote: »
    I would also like the option of a helmet on my female Romulans, the undo button and the ability to remove the presets as I've also had to cancel after accidently clicking one.

not JUST the Romulan Females but the Female Remens and the Alien Romulan Faction females is what I want.
    edited May 2013
    By The Way why is my Romulan Captain Headless when wearing the EV Suite?
  • brwjames85brwjames85 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cassiann wrote: »
    By The Way why is my Romulan Captain Headless when wearing the EV Suite?

maybe his head is cloaked? :p srr, just keeping the fun in it ;-)

As for complaints:

- MACO / Omega / KHG costumes can't be edited anymore,
    - Same for Off Duty
    - When showing maco with visible armor, no probs, but KHG Mk XII costume reverts to vanilla colors...

I want to look dashing :( how else am I going to find a suitable mate? :(
    Finally, T6 Fleet sovy! My life is complete!
  • mirrorseacatmirrorseacat Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also from time to time some people end up with costumes that can not be worn, or edited, they just hang around in our list of costumes and we have to start from scratch with them, which takes up another slot.
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    duphy101 wrote: »
    They say the helmet is included, but i have not found it in the tailor options for the 22nd century uniform.

Its in the head tab, not the uniform tab (yes i know, i agree), i think its like the top item if you have the tos options.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.