test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Character Select Screen - KUDOS

radefoxradefox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I absolutely love this new char selection screen. It loads a bit slowly, but when you see your captain pop up, flanked by our loyal bridge crew, under our ship.... its dreamy!

Great work on this, it really give you a solid Trek feel right off the bat on log in. I hope your work on the rest of the changes does as well! (Still working my way into all the new stuff).

I just wanted to give Cryptic the pat on the back, and a big thumbs up for this part though. It didn't need to be done, but I am sure glad it was!

:cool:
Post edited by radefox on

Comments

• eklinaareklinaar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree completely, the new character screen is fantastic and very Trek. Little touches like these are seriously improving the game.
  • silverdovesilverdove Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed, its nice work.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's pretty Epic.

I just wish my landing party showed all their STF armor instead of just their uniforms they wear uber it.
  • jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Except for the fact you have to wait for the character you click on to load before you can log in with it.

I have to wait for the "Loading" bit under character name to go and it to show my characters before it lets me login, im hovering my mouse over a character 5 below the top and mashing the left click key just waiting for it to finally log in.

Also, its extremely narrow.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the flavor text.

These are the voyages of ...

These are the glorious battles of ...

This is the Legacy of ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pharaoh6000pharaoh6000 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed... almost.

One of my Captains appears with 4 copies of a single BOFF. The rest are fine, but that one has been bugged for days.

Once that's fixed, then KUDOS!
    3D Art of my Captain, MYRR TALON
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed... almost.

One of my Captains appears with 4 copies of a single BOFF. The rest are fine, but that one has been bugged for days.

Once that's fixed, then KUDOS!

My Jem'Hadar Boff is always headless but he still has his eyes :eek: wich is veeeeery disturbing.

But it's still very epic, and the flavor text made it better
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My Jem'Hadar Boff is always headless but he still has his eyes :eek: wich is veeeeery disturbing.

But it's still very epic, and the flavor text made it better

His head will be returned to him...if you select another captain, and then switch back to your headless BOFF
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is nice.

But I dislike how we have to wait for the screen to finish loading before we can enter the game.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Love this myself, it's fantastic especially the movement from the login to the selection, that was nice and the mass beamout.
  • renomillerrenomiller Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My Romulan doesn't have Her Boffs with her, is that a glitch? :confused:
  • yellowalertyellowalert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    renomiller wrote: »
    My Romulan doesn't have Her Boffs with her, is that a glitch? :confused:
    Mine is the same way. Romulan only.
    Agreed... almost.

One of my Admiral's is like that. 1 Bridge Officer, 4 times.

Is there a way to designate which Bridge Officers are represented?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love it too! My only issue with it is that my shuttlecraft appears in front of my captain's face when it first loads. If I click another character the starship appears behind them and if I click back to the first character it looks like it's supposed to. Minor bug I guess.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."