test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are Engineers better?

pinkrikerpinkriker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Romulan Discussion
So I enjoy my Science captain on the Federation side. I have a tacticool KDF for fapblasting. I've never rolled a Engineer until the other day. Got my Romulan to around level 17 and so far meh..

tl;dr

Are they fun at higher levels? I guess I'm answering my own question but some imput could sway me to still it through. Are Engineers stuck as a tank?
Post edited by pinkriker on

Comments

• bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited May 2013
    "Are Engineers stuck as a tank?" - More or less yes. They will however bring abilities to increase power levels and keep the quite squishy warbirds alive longer. It's not a bad idea to be an engineer for romulans but your purpose will be to last long in fights rather than alpha, run, alpha, run....

Oh it's also worth mentioning put 3 points in batteries and pick up the engineer exclusive trait EPS manifold something or other. It gives a power boost when you use batteries or emergency to X abilities and with 3 points in batteries that power boost lasts 15s. Just long enough to trigger it again with another emergency to X ability =D

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • drzzdendrzzden Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you! I was honestly thinking of not putting points into the batteries, but, now I see how it makes sense.