test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

LoR Costume Options

trelntreln Member Posts: 14 Arc User
Since now we have Romulans playable within the Federation and Klingon factions as allies they are allowed to use their ships. I was wondering if there will be an option for cross faction uniform customizations, meaning Romulans in Starfleet uniforms or in the Klingon battle armour. I believe aside from ships, missions and weapons, that is the only option left to be shared. Thoughts on the possibilities?
Post edited by treln on

Comments

• captrott1captrott1 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally, I'd prefer not to see that. It may already be possible though if you are in a fleet. There is the odyssey uniform or the equivalent klingon one that can be purchased in game on the fleet tailor. Not sure if these are useable or not. If they are the option is already present.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, here's my observation.

Cryptic wants factions to mean SOMETHING. Maybe as not as much as some diehard Romulan fans would like but SOMETHING.

If you want this, they did add almost full Romulan and Reman parts to the custom alien tailor.

So you can make a Federation or Klingon character that looks like the Romulan species... and you can make a passable Reman last I checked. (I'd like more Romulan only haircuts ported over, especially for humans. I kinda dig the wavy emo hair.)

To get beyond that, I'd imagine would require species and faction respecs. Which may happen. Eventually. I hope. But part of that would probably involve conversion of ships since I'd imagine they'd need to at least make sure a character retains any lockbox ships they have. Which means waiting until Veteran and Timeships exist for Romulans.

They could probably get away with dismissing all non-lockbox ships and giving you a VA token upon a faction respec. They might be able to preserve species in such a process (which would involve backend code for things like KDF Bajorans and Federation Gorn and Fed Romulans, as they'd need to re-create species as available to other factions via the process). But they'd NEED, NEED, NEED to ensure that nobody loses something like a lockbox ship in a conversion and they'd probably want to have some kind of restriction, like only letting you respec to a faction you've got an alt at level 50 in.
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally, I would like to see the Romulans AND KDF receive more costume/uniform options.

I've been spending some time in the tailor at New Romulus Command on Mol'Rihan trying to fill up my engineers costume slots with different outfits. While I am very thankful for the TOS Romulan uniforms, I would like to see the wardrobe choices expanded.

Same goes for the Klingons as it has been a while since the KDF Academy uniforms were added.

p.s. What ever happened to the KDF great coats?
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited May 2013
    As requested by many so many times,
    At least allow the faction neutral outfits that are stil locked to the federation captains to be used by all.
    Mercenary, Formal, 7of9 etc etc
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As requested by many so many times,
    At least allow the faction neutral outfits that are stil locked to the federation captains to be used by all.
    Mercenary, Formal, 7of9 etc etc
    You can use mercenary costume on a Romulan (100% sure of it), and the others should also be available (not unlocked so I'm not sure of it, however, I can buy them on the Cstore and they don't say I can't use them).
    For some reason, I can also use the enterprise boots on a romulan, but not the rest of the costume.

However, on a KDF ? Nop, you can't. I wish we can use some gear. Mercenary gear for example, would make more sense on a KDF than on a starfleet character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    More Romulan uniform options coming soon...

to a C-Store near you.

But yeah I agree, I have almost every uniform option purchased/unlocked and it's a bit of a slap in the face to say...

"yeah, you're for all intents and purposes a Fed, but you can't wear those uniforms you paid for"
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only thing I really want is that when my Rommie recruits Fed BOFFs, that those BOFFs can be dressed in Republic uniforms.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only thing I really want is that when my Rommie recruits Fed BOFFs, that those BOFFs can be dressed in Republic uniforms.

I'm going to have to second this...Romulan Science Officer from the Lobi store...is a Fed and cannot wear Romulan uniforms. Or at least that is how it seems. However, I did purchase that BO while logged in with my Fed Tac so maybe I'll try buying one with my Romulan character.
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There needs to be more Bridge officer faction customization in general at the leasts. Can't change Embassy officer uniforms. Can't change the Jem'Hadar or Reman special officer uniforms. Can't change the Diplomacy/Marauder Officer uniforms (or can't give them a Federation uniform) New Lobi Borg officer can be bought by all factions, but only gets Romulan Republic clothing options... etc etc.
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pyryck wrote: »
    I'm going to have to second this...Romulan Science Officer from the Lobi store...is a Fed and cannot wear Romulan uniforms. Or at least that is how it seems. However, I did purchase that BO while logged in with my Fed Tac so maybe I'll try buying one with my Romulan character.

If ya don't mind, can ya let us know how that goes. It would change how I'm planning to purchase that boff.
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited May 2013
    I have a feeling it will be the same regardless of who makes the purchase. This is due to when you select an allegiance everything you get is from that faction. It also seems to work with costumes as I couldn't load my tribble level 50 fed-rom costume till after picking feds. Intrestingly enough I don't think I can select my pre allegiance saved costumes after picking a faction either.

Either way this leads me to advise not to bother spending the lobi to test unless you're planning to get it anyway.

I completely agree with lucianazeta, it's weird how for a uniform it can't be very uni-form.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
    edited May 2013
    bpharma wrote: »
    I have a feeling it will be the same regardless of who makes the purchase. This is due to when you select an allegiance everything you get is from that faction. It also seems to work with costumes as I couldn't load my tribble level 50 fed-rom costume till after picking feds. Intrestingly enough I don't think I can select my pre allegiance saved costumes after picking a faction either.

Either way this leads me to advise not to bother spending the lobi to test unless you're planning to get it anyway.

I completely agree with lucianazeta, it's weird how for a uniform it can't be very uni-form.

I bought one on the exchange and got Romulan costume options but sadly it was the player Liberated Borg costume options with no option to wear the Borg bodysuit that the Amazon Borg and Starter Pack Reman get.

I'd really like to reiterate that since we have a male version of that (the Reman can wear it) and a female version of it (the Human/Klingon can wear it) then I'd really like for the Romulan Lobi BOff and playable Liberated Borg to have that bodysuit option as well. I'm on the verge of an all Borg away team (just need to hit 50 or whatever and run Khitomer Accord; currently have a female android in Seven of Nine suit swapped in) and it would be really nice if my main and my Romulan Lib. Borg sci officer could wear those suits.

That said, the character you purchase it on COULD make a difference. Because like with lockbox ships, there may be multiple versions in multiple versions of the Lobi store. You'd only see the one intended for you to use but on the back end, there could be variants.

The interesting possibility there is that could mean a person could get two of the Lobi Borg Sci: One purchased by a Romulan and one purchased by Fed/KDF, if they are different BOs.
  • ayradyssayradyss Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have mixed feelings, agree with some of these suggestions, not so much with others. Personally, I'd rather not have all the Fed or KDF uniforms opened to allied Romulans. I would like to see the Rommies keep at least a semblance of a faction, and this bit of flavor helps, IMO. Certainly more Romulan and KDF uniform options would be a welcome thing.

I have no problems, however, with making the more 'neutral' C-Store looks open to Romulans and KDF. Things like the Mercenary, Seven of Nine, T'Pol, Formal, etc. Those would be welcome on all factions, IMO.
    Live long, and prosper.
    edited May 2013
    By the way, I did some exploring and from the looks of it:

Custom aliens and androids of both factions ALL have the Romulan vest option for males and the simple shirt for females. No other species have it. I suspect this is a deliberate workaround or a form of species specific costume part ala the Orion/Nausicaan costumes.

Custom aliens also have full Romulan customization aside from some haircuts.

Custom alien/android males have Reman ears but no other Reman parts. Custom alien/android females have no Reman ears but can simulate one of the three head types with the Reman complexion option, which is female only.

Romulans (at least Fed aligned ones) get access to all off-duty costumes. Your first slot cannot use these. Other slots cannot be changed to off-duty type until after you've created a costume for that slot and go back into edit it but can wear the full range, including tuxedos and Vedek gear. They can also wear the merc belt with duty outfits.

Klingons can wear the merc belt with duty outfits as well... and this suggests to me that MAYBE someone is looking at just opening off-duty outfits to Klingons. (And if they do, this might allow them to fix the Marauding BOffs.)

Also... a little known factoid. Romulans can of course wear the Temporal jumpsuit like everyone else. But they can also wear the winter coats from the holiday event if you have one stashed or get one off the exchange. I'd be curious whether they can wear Ferengi Lobi outfits or the Wells/Korath sets. Anyway, the Winter coats look pretty cool with Romulan gear.
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Two points of interest:

Do not buy scarfs for your Rommie, I got two and cannot use them.

While Cryptic stated you can't buy timeships for your Rommie (Wells, Mobius, KDF one), a timeshuttle does actually work, I have the Aeon Shuttle myself.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • trelntreln Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see my last post never went through. The main thing I'm looking for with costume options is with the accessories like Visors since during Gascoe BLues it shows a Romulan with one on. Other things like Earrings for the Female Romulans because I doubt that only the feds wear them, Orions love piercings, especially the males, they'll use anything apparently.

I made a Romulan and during the head customization, I was able to use a Borg ear option. I thought what a lovely surprise and scoured the rest of the creation process for other liberated Borg parts. Sadly, there was no other options which left me a little disappointed. But I suppose I was lucky for getting that option to begin with. I wouldn't mind getting the TOS Romulan costume, but I'm holding out for another freebie giveaway like they did with all the other TOS outfits for the Feds.