test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which faction to choose - Pro / Cons

zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
edited May 2013 in Romulan Discussion
So are there any differences if you choose KVS or FED?

Are there any special abilties, buffs, Dailies? Is it better to choose one than the other?
This is Crypticverse... :mad:
Post edited by zeratk on

Comments

• Options
    saverick459saverick459 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would also like to know, there is no clear resource for what this means within the game. Does it change the story? or just the ships I can fly? ect ect
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Taking a look at several threads it looks like most people decide like "eeeeehhh FEDs are epooh-lovers" or "Klingons smell"...

Nonetheless it would be interesting what the differences are. :confused:
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Klingon and federation allied uniforms differ.

However Federation fleets are usually better equipped, thus its easier to get stuff like advanced fleet weapons.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks so far.

What about Daily-Missions? Do Romulans have their own, or are they using the allied ones?

What about gear? As Romulans have Stealth Boni, is there anything that works better with Klingon Side?
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure about the dailies.

I dont think there is anyhing that works better with the Klingons. Dont think so. The only non-uniform and non-starbase related thing could be that as a Fed you can get saurian and human bridge officers.

But who would use any other bridge officer then A romulan with superior operative?
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    peter1z9peter1z9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I went KDF for one reason: Marauding.
    "Our Bugs are working as intended" - Cryptic
  • Options
    fanofallsevenfanofallseven Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Federation captains have the benefit of having much better tested systems and game mechanisms, so if you want to minimize your general grief, roll a Fed or Fed-affiliated Romulan. You can rest easy knowing that 90% of testing resources (what little there are) go to your faction, and usually won't have to worry about your homeworld's transporter, or tailor palettes, or vanishing faction helmets, or any number of other silly things that regularly break KDF-side.

In the immediate term, KDF-affiliated Romulans/Remans cannot adequately train their bridge-officers. They cannot train Rom/Reman officers with BOff-trainable skills (even with the workaround that Fed-Rommies have), and cannot train KDF officers with captain powers. So if you'd like to have a decent crew for the time being, roll a Fed.
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    peter1z9 wrote: »
    I went KDF for one reason: Marauding.

oh yeah XD considering how easy it is to make EC KDF side using catfood :D

that and some of the missions aren't to bad either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    fanofallsevenfanofallseven Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the other hand, I ignored my own advice and created a KDF-Reman because:

Suppress Gorn Uprising.

That is all... ;)
  • Options
    darkzenithukdarkzenithuk Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think it makes a big difference either way. Feds probably have the edge when it comes to PvE content, but I haven't played KDF for some time, so this may have changed.

At the end of the day, I guess it comes down to which faction you prefer, and which one you think makes the most sense for your particular character. Personally, I went for the Feds, as I don't think a Republic and an Empire can coexist for very long.
    Mortem a mundo, ortum republica, imperii ruina.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If i join KDF, do i have the Daily Missions for Death and Kills?
  • Options
    shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Feds: Better developed fleet infrastructure, cheaper boffs.
    KDF: Marauding, fleet disruptors.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zeratk wrote: »
    So are there any differences if you choose KVS or FED?

Are there any special abilties, buffs, Dailies? Is it better to choose one than the other?

Choose the side that has the fleet you are going to join on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pleasenonamepleasenoname Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It sounds like we take on the missions of the faction we ally with. That is kind of disappointing. I already have a Federation and Klingon character. The early Romulan story line looks interesting, was hoping it would continue on its own track.
  • Options
    warzeriorwarzerior Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It sounds like we take on the missions of the faction we ally with. That is kind of disappointing. I already have a Federation and Klingon character. The early Romulan story line looks interesting, was hoping it would continue on its own track.

It does set up their Future Episode they plan to release though everyone will be able to play it.

Sela's return, Iconians, Elachi, etc.

To the Topic:

Uniforms and the Community Infrastructure, in my experience, KDF players are far more useful and helpful to others.

I went Federation however, because I just have a hard time seeing my Green Blood going with those Klingons ;). I do have a Reman Sci who is KDF though, makes more sense to me.
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We went both ways (Romulan commonwealth has a KDF adjunct fleet)

But Federation has the best uniforms
    And Klingon has some REALLY silly doff missions for a romulan
    Live long and Prosper