Install Arc
Options

Friendly warning-Hive Onslaught is near impossible

13»

Comments

• Options
    shehchaoshehchao Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If its going to be very difficult, they should have more players instead of just 5.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The lances are indeed busted. Going within the 5km limit to avoid the lances does nothing. You could be touching it's hull and still get lanced.

It's possible, but very very difficult and leads to *a lot* of deaths. It's even worse with that ascending timer that they brought in months ago (which I argued against then, and I argue against today).

My advice? Never ever pug it and always always have a metric sh*t ton of components in the bank, ready to use!
    I need a beer.

• Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The mission has been bugged since the Big Update.

Beforehand, if you used the appropriate tactics (stay between the Unimatrix vessels, preferably near the Queen and out of the lance's firing arcs), it was easy to beat on Normal difficulty.

Now? Those tactics no longer work 80-90% of the time. And that damned lance will tag you in places where it originally didn't.

Adaptation is possible. However, the problem is when people bug out on you out of frustration. Then, you might as well hang it up.
  • Options
    ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It is bugged and that is a shame, as I really enjoyed this STF. Actually required teamwork, tactics and was a challenge. As it is, nearly unplayable because the one shot lance is basically unavoidable and the 'finger of God' randomly decides who dies.

I shudder to think how long this bug will be left in the game unchecked and I have effectively lost my favorite STF.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It is bugged and that is a shame, as I really enjoyed this STF. Actually required teamwork, tactics and was a challenge. As it is, nearly unplayable because the one shot lance is basically unavoidable and the 'finger of God' randomly decides who dies.

I shudder to think how long this bug will be left in the game unchecked and I have effectively lost my favorite STF.

yeah the lance weapon isn't the only thing bugged apparently the ships turn to lawl like in this pic cause i don't remember them doing that before.
    http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn169/nbkcyrax/buggedstf.png

• Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There's no doubt that it is bugged especially since you can get 1 shotted while at spawns. I was in HSE the other day and I saw one of the Unimatrix Vessels move towards the spawn point... Thought they should be stationary.

Anyways even though it is bugged it can be beat with all optionals completed. Done it since LOR was released.
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    tvmadoctvmadoc Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ah, then maybe it's changed. I haven't played it yet since LoR was released.
    If that is the case, then it's a bad move, as the mission is already hard as it is. One hit kills aren't fun and in this scenario, with the consecutive deaths and the respawn time increasing you may find yourself in a very bad situation with many regeneration probes, and in turn having the vessels repaired time after time.

I've been getting hit with the lance weapon between the two ships and literally sitting next to the Borg queen. I'm very surprised to see 100% shields and 100% hull suddenly turn to a 70 second respawn countdown.

I'[ve also had at least a half dozen times where I'm one shot killed right after spawning-with no chance to even engage engines.
  • Options
    haldan1968haldan1968 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tvmadoc wrote: »
    I've been getting hit with the lance weapon between the two ships and literally sitting next to the Borg queen. I'm very surprised to see 100% shields and 100% hull suddenly turn to a 70 second respawn countdown.

I'[ve also had at least a half dozen times where I'm one shot killed right after spawning-with no chance to even engage engines.

This is pretty much my experience. I enjoy a challenge, but I can't say i enjoy watching my respawn counter for the better part of an evening.

And it doesn't matter what I do. Between the ships, above the ships, outside of the ships, on the Queen, right up against the ships... one shot kills over and over again.

Untill this is fixed, I will avoid hive onslaught, which is a shame as I really used to enjoy it.
  • Options
    vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    haldan1968 wrote: »
    This is pretty much my experience. I enjoy a challenge, but I can't say i enjoy watching my respawn counter for the better part of an evening.

And it doesn't matter what I do. Between the ships, above the ships, outside of the ships, on the Queen, right up against the ships... one shot kills over and over again.

Untill this is fixed, I will avoid hive onslaught, which is a shame as I really used to enjoy it.

Given from one of the recent interviews by the Daniel Stahl there is someone refurbishing the STF's. I assume fixing that bug itself would be too much work so they'll leave it until they roll out the new versions of all.
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    vocmcp wrote: »
    Given from one of the recent interviews by the Daniel Stahl there is someone refurbishing the STF's. I assume fixing that bug itself would be too much work so they'll leave it until they roll out the new versions of all.

If this is considerable acceptable its pretty revolting
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nicha0 wrote: »
    If this is considerable acceptable its pretty revolting
    That's the Cryptic way however. Already happened with CE, terradome... And items or features, like [Borg] weapons or the Foundry import costume option.
    They remove it, then sometimes they add it back later with a revamp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.