test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Episodes: Tradecraft

2»

Comments

• csstennesseecsstennessee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I was born with an I Q of 186 went into first grade at 6th grade level skipped from 7th to 9th and graduated at 10th grade and I do not play this stupid game to read a novel and has nothing to do with flexing your "mind" muscle. It is supposed to be fun and relaxing and having to read a small novel tells me someone never went to the prom lol.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2014
    I was born with an I Q of 186 went into first grade at 6th grade level skipped from 7th to 9th and graduated at 10th grade and I do not play this stupid game to read a novel and has nothing to do with flexing your "mind" muscle. It is supposed to be fun and relaxing and having to read a small novel tells me someone never went to the prom lol.
    And yet you felt the need to necro an 8, almost 9, month dead topic....
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    stonewbie wrote: »
    Did anyone find the ready room portion of this episode to be a bit too much? I managed to complete it, but only because i got impatient and so i went with the process of elimination (guessed). It's nothing like the Fed/KDF version...i started reading the Romulan version...and thought to myself "this is a lot of TRIBBLE to read, remember and cross reference". I never even got a chance to see if it was hard/easy, i just got frustrated by all the walls of text.

It seems like they wanted to try and raise the difficulty of this type of puzzle quest over the last one we did. But instead they went a little overboard. To top it all off, everybodys favorite boff Tovan comes out at the end and says that you should go to Drozana.

EDIT: i'm gonna try repeating the quest again and force myself to do it the right way just to see how long it takes.
    Just wanted to let you know, that Tradecraft is Romulan-only. There is no Federation or KDF version of the mission.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2014
    actually read this finally.... this thread... makes me a sad panda.... even w/o reading and just randomly choosing until the yellow text becomes green it would take maybe 2min... if you even bother 1/2 reading it takes like 30s like every other puzzle like it.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • uliwitnessuliwitness Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    stonewbie wrote: »
    Wait? what? the correct answer says that D'tan requested Lortrix to aim those weapons at Romulan Militia targets, was there another conspiracy within a conspiracy that i missed out on? But wait, this text is supposedly written by the paranoid Tal Shiar or was it? is D'tan on our side or he a bad guy? that option doesnt make sense.

When i said the episode was a bit too much i wasnt talking about difficulty. They just throw a lot of text at you. And if you miss or forget a detail while doing the actual mission then you are left trying to analyze the text. For me though i wanted to use all the stuff i learned from doing the missions to solve the puzzle. But the missions just werent memorable for me. It wasnt like a Vulcan going 'surprise i'm an Undine' and then going 'now i'm a Klingon'. See something like that is a lot more memorable...more so then a line of text that says 'these weapons are being used on us'.

I actually didn't miss that line. For me, it's not the riddle, it's the story and explanation for the riddle. I go in there, I read some papers and I ... modify them? What use would it be to fake records? Why am I doing this? WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO BE DOING? Am I supposed to trick Nadel? Charva (or whatever the exact name was)? Is this just to show the game I know what the right solution is?

None of this puzzle makes sense. Yes, I get it that in the end I can just trial-and-error myself through this word substitution puzzle, but that's not fun, that's combinatorics. I'm no longer in school, I'm not at work, why should I do this?
    Cheers,
    -- Uli