test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't find Aux2SIF III

canisanubiscanisanubis Member Posts: 187 Arc User
Why is Aux2SIF III so difficult to find? There are thousands of Engineering BOFFs with Aceton Beam, but I scoured the entire list of Engineers and found exactly zero BOFFs with Aux2SIF III. Is there a C-Store BOFF or some other source I can use to get this ability?
Post edited by canisanubis on

Comments

• Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Search purple quality bridge officers, and look in the less popular races like Tellarite or Nausicaan. Finding one with A2SIF3 should be quite doable for maybe 30k at most. Its not that uncommon.
  • Options
    acylionacylion Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What canisanubis said. I haven't checked recently, but the last time I was looking for Aux to SIF III I did eventually find one - but I had to fiddle with how the list was sorted, and eventually got it by going via race. Finding it on the Exchange seems more a problem of filtering and sorting the list of BOs than the power rarity as such.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think Rarity has something to do with it too, but yeah, I'll try sorting only Very Rares when I check the exchange this evening. Thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, they've definitely out there. I sold at least a couple of them in the last few weeks, and whenever I priced them out on the exchange there were always a bunch even on the first page. However, I did my searches by specific item name (dragged the BOff to the search bar), which limited the search results, and I matched the rarity of the BOff I was selling (usually Rare, but sometimes Very Rare) which limited results even further.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the assistance, everyone. Sifting by 'Very Rare' was exactly the ticket.