test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

vet rewards

philchapphilchap Member Posts: 269 Arc User
was curious are any new ones in the works?

Comments

• Options
    admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    philchap wrote: »
    was curious are any new ones in the works?

For Lifers and 1000+ player Vets there will be a new Tier 5 rom ship at some point.

There has also been some talk of 1100 Vet rewards, but only in vaguest terms.

Maybe some free lock box keys, respecs for all 3 traits etc, zen boost? Dilithium rewards?

Plenty of scope for Long term player benefits, if cryptic decide to award them.
  • Options
    philchapphilchap Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i was a lifer when the destroyers went live. saw all people up in arms over lifers getting all the vets rewards at one time. but i think cryptic it right. days dont mean nothing to lifers.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only dev talk about vet rewards is that if they do any more, it would be to give more rewards for the earlier ones like 100 days to 500 days or introduce 50 day vet rewards. Any vet reward after 1000 days would be effectively a lifer reward since there are very few subscribers that are eligible.

Personally, I would prefer a veteran shop. Each month subscribed and every 1500 Zen transferred to STO would give 1 veteran token. These tokens can be used to purchase various items like the current veteran rewards and new items. For example, one token can buy a costume piece and 12 tokens can buy a ship. The current veteran reward system would remain intact, but a person with 500 days could purchase the Chimera ship providing they make up for it with transferring enough Zen.
  • Options
    alexrichardsalexrichards Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    philchap wrote: »
    i was a lifer when the destroyers went live. saw all people up in arms over lifers getting all the vets rewards at one time. but i think cryptic it right. days dont mean nothing to lifers.

The Vet rewards are really the only reason to go lifer now simply because if you intend to stay, it still works out cheaper in the long run than subscribing for 1K days (from now)
    Admiral Alex 'Grumpy Cat' Richards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What you looking @ Admiral?"