test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feature Episodes Rerun Ending Soon! [Now Ended]

Comments

• krovankrovan Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this would be the proverbial Icing on the cake!
    http://soundcloud.com/krovan-1
  • porygonx1porygonx1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My game keeps freezing while applying a patch during the Mission "Coliseum" during the "Marooned" part right after you camp in the cave. Any suggestions before I put in a ticket?
  • darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Once again, Cryptic does a mistake (in my personal opinion) of launching FE Rerun alongside brand new content. Why would anyone want to replay old episodes, when LoR is all fresh and crunchy? This should be happening in between new Seasons to keep players busy.
  • porygonx1porygonx1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, thanks to a Force Verify or the most recent patch, "Coliseum" is working fine for me now. :)
  • birkepbirkep Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cold Storage lobi is not there, so the accolade cannot be completed. A mountain occupies the spot. Lots of players complaining.

I agree, too much content released at once. If the testing is totally inadequate then people spend more time getting frustrated than enjoying the new features.
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now I can get these for my new Romulan character! Thanks very much Cryptic.

Also, I saw the new Star Trek Into Darkness movie yesterday. It was fantastic. Into Darkness IS Better than Star Trek The Wrath of Khan!
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    porygonx1 wrote: »
    My game keeps freezing while applying a patch during the Mission "Coliseum" during the "Marooned" part right after you camp in the cave. Any suggestions before I put in a ticket?

Disable on-demand patching, the weekly patches might be bigger but you save a lot of loading and patching when loading new maps.
    birkep wrote: »
    Cold Storage lobi is not there, so the accolade cannot be completed. A mountain occupies the spot. Lots of players complaining.

I agree, too much content released at once. If the testing is totally inadequate then people spend more time getting frustrated than enjoying the new features.

I agree one of the big things in this game is they don't really test much. They introduce one thing and because they don't test or can't be bothered to do the right thing they break something else and it stays broken as again they can't be bothered to fix it.

This game rather than developing a game people like to play is turning more and more into a money pit and it's taking the enjoyment out of the game as a lot of content is either broken or put behind a wall that requires either an insane amount of grind or money to get.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please reconsider the end date on this rerun. With all the login problems and server downtime, I and many with me aren't able to play like we used to and will not be able to enjoy this rerun. Please extend it at least a couple of weeks, or even better a month.
  • darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mattachine wrote: »
    Please reconsider the end date on this rerun. With all the login problems and server downtime, I and many with me aren't able to play like we used to and will not be able to enjoy this rerun. Please extend it at least a couple of weeks, or even better a month.

Thumbs up. The daily maintenance in european primetime makes it unplayable. Give us more time, please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another month would be reasonable considering the state of the game.....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Any chance you're going to fix the last mission in the Breen series before this rerun ends? There is a mountain over the double helix we're supposed to scan to get the Lobi crystal from the scavenger hunt... Kind of defeats the point.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree that there should be an extension by at least two weeks, if not a month. Some people have been unable to log in for days upon days, they are unable to play and therefore cannot get the rewards. Likewise the game has been coming down almost every day for quite a while now, in the middle of Aus and Euro primetimes. I am also in Australia, but my playtime is unlimited at the current moment so I am not griping because I need the time, no, nothing like that. For the people who actually can't play because of downtimes or the inability to log in because of client issues, there needs to be an extension.

At least 2 extra weeks, Bran, it won't hurt anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blacksouleternalblacksouleternal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I surely hope you consider extending the time frame on this limited time event. Among all the other glitches people are experiencing, I am currently experiencing a game ending glitch and for just about a week now with no response in sight. Tickets, Email, Forum post all to no avail thus far, only one auto response to the email and none on the ticket system (of course can't check tickets either due to the infinite redirect loop problem on the website) . Considering the amount of money this game costs (already purchased the full legacy pack and am about to acquire a LTS) please add a few positions to customer support etc. Thank you for your time.
  • admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would also ask that the Featured series rerun is extended by a month.

1/ As a European player (UK based), the down times have been particularly disruptive.

2/ The fact that one of the series is bugged as regards the claiming lobi ( I like collecting the
    accolades in game) means an aspect of the rerun can't be completed or claimed.
  • richarddoverricharddover Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Feature Episodes Rerun... The chance to collect 4 unique rewards by (re)playing no more than 4 missions. Total playing time to complete these missions is what.... 2 hours? Tops.

People are arguing that the run time of the Rerun should be extended for a month. That's 720 hours. I wonder if any of the Devs can confirm that STO has been down for 720 hours?
    People assume that they're not going to be able to complete the 2 hours of playing time needed, in the remaining 15 days (360-ish hours).

Do I deny that there are some problems? No.
    Do I believe this warrants an extension of the Rerun running time? Yes.
    I don't, however, think it needs to be a whole month. Or even 2 weeks. Maybe a week. And perhaps some arrangement can be made that the Devs give the rewards to those players who demonstrably can not complete/turn in the missions. And if not... well, it's not the end of the universe. We all know that there'll be another Rerun in 6 months time.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Feature Episodes Rerun... The chance to collect 4 unique rewards by (re)playing no more than 4 missions. Total playing time to complete these missions is what.... 2 hours? Tops.

People are arguing that the run time of the Rerun should be extended for a month. That's 720 hours. I wonder if any of the Devs can confirm that STO has been down for 720 hours?
    People assume that they're not going to be able to complete the 2 hours of playing time needed, in the remaining 15 days (360-ish hours).

I don't, however, think it needs to be a whole month. Or even 2 weeks. Maybe a week. And perhaps some arrangement can be made that the Devs give the rewards to those players who demonstrably can not complete/turn in the missions. And if not... well, it's not the end of the universe. We all know that there'll be another Rerun in 6 months time.

The problem is in the final episode for the hidden lobi, Cold Storage, there is a freaking mountain on top of the freaking lobi. some of us would like to have the accolade and all we can do is hope they fix it before the rerun ends. Took them like, 2 weeks before they put out any bug fixes after LoR launched and we were stuck with our mail piling up.
    edited June 2013

As someone has already pointed out, there is a physical fault with one of the missions which currently makes it impossible to complete the Scavenger Hunt Accolade... Enough time wont matter to that.

Also, for people wanting these rewards on their new toons, they have to play through all of the game content to reach these missions in the first place.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • richarddoverricharddover Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As someone has already pointed out, there is a physical fault with one of the missions which currently makes it impossible to complete the Scavenger Hunt Accolade... Enough time wont matter to that.

Also, for people wanting these rewards on their new toons, they have to play through all of the game content to reach these missions in the first place.

Well, as I said, I am not denying that there are a number of problems that still need addressing. There are a few things I'd like to point out though.

- People do not need to play out all the previous content, before they can do a certain mission. They just need to level enough. As we can see a large number of Romulan lvl 50s buzzing around, I'd say leveling is not the problem.
    - A 'physical fault making it impossible to complete the mission'. Then I'd say extending the runtime isn't going to help either. Not unless the Devs actually manage to find and correct the fault. Perhaps it would be better to schedule a 1 week period to do the mission, once the problem has been solved.

Then, the 'issue' of European players complaining that they always draw the short stick and are therefor unable to play/finish missions on time... I'm a European player too. Yes, it can be a bummer when the server has to be taken down again. But I finished all the reruns on my Fed-Rommie Admiral, and Rommies #2 & 3 are not far behind. And that with just a few hours of gameplay per day. Additionally, if some players really think that not getting one particular accolade renders the game unplayable (yes, I've seen them here on the forums), then I'd have to suggest those players reevaluate their priorities and, indeed, their lives.
  • blacksouleternalblacksouleternal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Simple fact some people can't play certain characters at All for one reason or another and are simply waiting day after day to be able to even play hoping that they will have the opportunity in time to acquire the limited time items. Others may be able to play but with the massive amount of issues that have been going on that 2 hour estimate for you to do them is of no consequence to people who are dealing with crashing issues disconnecting issues the list goes on. True I agree the issues need to be resolved or there is no true point extending anything, but I believe an extension is in order for those who are unable to do what should be able to be done. =/ Hopefully soon things will be stable and playable that's my sincere hope.
  • aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, as I said, I am not denying that there are a number of problems that still need addressing. There are a few things I'd like to point out though.

- People do not need to play out all the previous content, before they can do a certain mission. They just need to level enough. As we can see a large number of Romulan lvl 50s buzzing around, I'd say leveling is not the problem.
    - A 'physical fault making it impossible to complete the mission'. Then I'd say extending the runtime isn't going to help either. Not unless the Devs actually manage to find and correct the fault. Perhaps it would be better to schedule a 1 week period to do the mission, once the problem has been solved.

Then, the 'issue' of European players complaining that they always draw the short stick and are therefor unable to play/finish missions on time... I'm a European player too. Yes, it can be a bummer when the server has to be taken down again. But I finished all the reruns on my Fed-Rommie Admiral, and Rommies #2 & 3 are not far behind. And that with just a few hours of gameplay per day. Additionally, if some players really think that not getting one particular accolade renders the game unplayable (yes, I've seen them here on the forums), then I'd have to suggest those players reevaluate their priorities and, indeed, their lives.

Maybe some people only have an hour or two every few days; or maybe they do not level as quickly as you because they play more slowly. I have a fleetmate that is on for 1 - 2 hours a day, but they play much more slowly than I do. I already have 3 Romulans at 50 and no, I did not rush them there. I played through the content and let the VO's do their thing and enjoyed what I played. I find the game stupidly easy and can get from 1 - 50 in about 3 days without even trying. Some people take months, and the downtime doesn't help especially if it always comes down during the times you can play.

Not really a gripe on behalf of myself, but for others who really should get the chance to get these rewards. Also, some people had certain toons that they couldn't log in at all because the game kept frakking up on them. Cryptic's fault not the player's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cassianncassiann Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Any word on a Time estimate when they are going to take the mountain off the Lobi Crtsyal (or move the Lobi Crstal which ever is easiest) in the Last of the Breen Missions so people can get the alocade?
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2013
    For only a few more days, until around 10AM PDT on June 21st, 2013, the Feature Episodes are offering their special, unique rewards* for completion! Don't miss your chance to (re)play the Feature Episodes and earn limited-time rewards. *More details here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=896771

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited June 2013
    For only a few more days, until around 10AM PDT on June 21st, 2013, the Feature Episodes are offering their special, unique rewards* for completion! Don't miss your chance to (re)play the Feature Episodes and earn limited-time rewards. *More details here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=896771

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

The last Breen mission is still bugged though...
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Seriously? The Cold Storage Lobi Crystal has been inaccessible for this whole time and hasn't been fixed yet and you're not even extending the event for at least a couple more days?

I mean... really?

Can we at least hope it'll get fixed before thursday?
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2013
    The last Breen mission is still bugged though...
    suaveks wrote: »
    Seriously? The Cold Storage Lobi Crystal has been inaccessible for this whole time and hasn't been fixed yet and you're not even extending the event for at least a couple more days?

I mean... really?

Can we at least hope it'll get fixed before thursday?

It's fixed on Tribble now. I am hoping the fix goes live this week on Thursday, that way you can grab it before the event ends on Friday. Plans are subject to change, but that's how it is looking currently.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's fixed on Tribble now. I am hoping the fix goes live this week on Thursday, that way you can grab it before the event ends on Friday. Plans are subject to change, but that's how it is looking currently.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

IF it doesn't, or it ends up not fixing the issue for some reason, would you look at either extending the event or rescheduling for a special week to allow us to get it?
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    :( Noo... I hope it comes back again.
  • kajofolfkajofolf Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What a load of bullcrap. This event has to be extended at least a week to make up for all those shortcomings over the last few weeks.

So, if the patch goes live on Thursday we will have one! freaking day to get the lobi, great...

There are folks out there, that can't play every day you know? I'm so disappointed already, wander why I still buy Zen for this game...
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

While 24 hours to wrap it up is cutting it close, the plan that could be subject to change should really be planning to give it an additional week. It ran during an event that was almost a month long with no fix. A few extra days for those who may not get to play Thursday Friday seems equitable.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    entnx01 wrote: »
    IF it doesn't, or it ends up not fixing the issue for some reason, would you look at either extending the event or rescheduling for a special week to allow us to get it?

1 day at best is still hardly fair, the event should run at least a whole week after the event goes live.

I mean really, there is a freaking mountain where it doesn't belong, thats not even a bug, that is someone messing with stuff that was already working and letting it go live.
This discussion has been closed.