test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan Uniform

sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Romulan Discussion
The Romulan uniform component needs some improvements.

1. Color palette needs to be standardized for all uniform parts.

2. Romulans need the same number of uniform slots as I have with my FED and KDF toons (5 vs 2; which includes Fleet uniform)

3. Numerous clipping problems.

The next are for all factions:

4. We should be able to set a uniform theme for a ship crew NPCs (I.e., 23rd Century crew attire or Tal Shiar uniform for defected crew).

5. Better option to display or not display weapons, to include show only pistol option.

As a start, just give the Roms the uniform slots and more uniform options ( KDF needs more choices too, and boots without spikes).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, to it all.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sentinel64 wrote: »
    2. Romulans need the same number of uniform slots as I have with my FED and KDF toons (5 vs 2; which includes Fleet uniform)
    This confused me at first when LoR launched but you don't see all the slots you actually have graphically it is listed as a number now.
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see the TNG/DS9 Romulan uniforms added as well.
  • Options
    mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    davidwford wrote: »
    I would like to see the TNG/DS9 Romulan uniforms added as well.

I'm sure they'll be added sooner or later. They're a very prominent part of Star Trek lore.

Personally, though, I could live without those giant shoulders. You could block corridors with those shoulders.
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3. Numerous clipping problems.

As much as I hope you get your request granted, KDF players have been asking for years for their uniforms issues to be resolved and we're still waiting, we even have less uniforms than the Romulans now.

I haven't played the Romulans outside beta yet, waiting for the hype to settle down first and for my game to stop crashing.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    batdacebatdace Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not really happy with the Romulan uniforms. I think a bit more work could be done on choice and variety. The Fed alliance uniform doesn't seem to work asethically for me. Most of my crew looks like a refugee camp in space hehe.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The colour palate thing is really annoying on the TOS uniform for females, though there are a couple options you can get to match. But not a lot of variety if that sort of thing bugs you.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    lyflite12lyflite12 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, the KDF/ROM uniform has this space-bondage theme and the Fed/ROM uniform looks retro Flash Gordon.
  • Options
    nileight1nileight1 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also need clawed finger options for remans, makeup palettes for reman females, and body spots for remans.
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited May 2013
    nileight1 wrote: »
    Also need clawed finger options for remans, makeup palettes for reman females, and body spots for remans.

My reman boffs do have the long finger nails options as well as spots.
  • Options
    nileight1nileight1 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My reman boffs do have the long finger nails options as well as spots.

I have not seen any options for these for player characters in the tailor.
  • Options
    tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait. You guys are getting Reman BOffs!? All I get are Romulan ones. The only Remans I have are the female Reman you get during the early missions. The liberated borg Reman and the Reman from the Vault series (Why can't I customize his uniform!?) I want Reman BOffs :(
  • Options
    amwolfeamwolfe Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tlamstrike wrote: »
    This confused me at first when LoR launched but you don't see all the slots you actually have graphically it is listed as a number now.

I see that, the number, but how do I access those slots to create/modify the uniforms?
  • Options
    azyurionazyurion Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Romulan uniform component needs some improvements./QUOTE]

Agreed. I bought the 22nd century costume and have had issues. I was very disappointed in the lack of consistency with the color pallets of the pieces. I was especially perturbed by the fact that the pants seem to lock into a particular shade, which varies depending upon which pc, or npc, you equip them to. Then there is the minor clipping issues and the chest gear standing 100mm of the bodies...definitely still a work in progress.
  • Options
    azyurionazyurion Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait. You guys are getting Reman BOffs!? All I get are Romulan ones. The only Remans I have are the female Reman you get during the early missions. The liberated borg Reman and the Reman from the Vault series (Why can't I customize his uniform!?) I want Reman BOffs :(

Gold/LTS benefit.
  • Options
    sosolidshoesosolidshoe Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    azyurion wrote: »
    Gold/LTS benefit.

I went gold specifically to level my rommie, and the one boff I've gotten on the way up to 35(other than the four "character" boffs and the KDF boff you get for picking a faction) was Romulan - I've not heard of anybody who's been given a Reman boff as a level-up reward.

We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I claimed my LTS Borg BOff for my Reman/KDF toon. When I went to the tailor, there was only a Romulan Republic 1 trouser piece, and a Romulan Tal Shiar boot. There are no other Romulan or Reman costume pieces.

Has anyone looked at this on the Fed side? Is the situation any better there?
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I think you can buy them at the Exchange too. But seem to be very expensive at the moment.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I went gold specifically to level my rommie, and the one boff I've gotten on the way up to 35(other than the four "character" boffs and the KDF boff you get for picking a faction) was Romulan - I've not heard of anybody who's been given a Reman boff as a level-up reward.

I've had two random BOffs come up while leveling now. The first selection gave me two Romulans and a Reman (all green-quality), the second gave me all male Romulans (all blue).

I know Remans can happen, but from the sound of it, they're rare (possibly by virtue of having so few ways to get random BOffs of any meaningful quality).
  • Options
    sirticklersirtickler Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys I need some help.
    I purchased the 'TOS Romulan Uniform' from the C-store yet when I'm at the uniform NPC guy I can't find it.
    I expected it to be in the main drop down when you modify an existing uniform but it's not there.
    Things I've tried:
    1. Relogged in
    2. Checked at the C-store and confirmed it has been purchased
    3. Used my new Uniform option with the same results

Cheers
    Cease'Her
  • Options
    daggermoondaggermoon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sirtickler wrote: »
    Hey guys I need some help.
    I purchased the 'TOS Romulan Uniform' from the C-store yet when I'm at the uniform NPC guy I can't find it.
    I expected it to be in the main drop down when you modify an existing uniform but it's not there.
    Things I've tried:
    1. Relogged in
    2. Checked at the C-store and confirmed it has been purchased
    3. Used my new Uniform option with the same results

Cheers
    Cease'Her

on the uniform tab look under tight for the top and loose mid for pants i think
  • Options
    sirticklersirtickler Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daggermoon wrote: »
    on the uniform tab look under tight for the top and loose mid for pants i think

That was it. Had a few other things to change as well and took a few times to save then wear before I finally got it :confused:

Anyway thanks for your prompt reply
    :D

Cheers
    Cease'Her