test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

borg boffs from c store unfair to kdf and fed

markdb2011markdb2011 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Romulan Discussion
I noticed the Romulans can have both the (Klingon Liberated Borg Bridge Officer or Federation Liberated Borg Bridge Officer) and Reman Liberated Borg Bridge Officer for total of 2 bridge officers with Efficient trait. I would think this would be unfair to kdf and fed chars since they can only get 1 instead of 2.
Post edited by markdb2011 on

Comments

• Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or you just buy Lethean or Saurian BOFFs with efficient. For what Reman Borg owners paid for them, let them have it.
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Indeed KDF and particularly Feds have had a long time to amass a crew of Efficient Saurians/Letheans which are much more accessible and affordable.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any Romulan who isn't using all Romulan boffs with Operative is foolish.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    naevius wrote: »
    Any Romulan who isn't using all Romulan boffs with both Operative and Subterfuge is foolish.

Fixed that for you there.
  • Options
    focht666focht666 Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    Pretty much I'm suprised Klingon Captains aren't demanding Romulan BoFFs with Subterfuge and Covert for thier Bird of Preys and how unfair it is that Romulans have better cloaking crew and Duty Officers:)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    focht666 wrote: »
    Pretty much I'm suprised Klingon Captains aren't demanding Romulan BoFFs with Subterfuge and Covert for thier Bird of Preys and how unfair it is that Romulans have better cloaking crew and Duty Officers:)

It was an issue that multiple people (myself included) raised during Tribble testing.
  • Options
    aveimperatoraveimperator Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why is it unfair, considering Romulans are masters of cloaking technology and sold their cheap knockoffs to the Klingons who can barely make it work?

Romulan Warbirds are stealth warships.

Klingon ships are weapon platforms with a cloaking device jammed into the engine wherever they could make it fit.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Why is it unfair, considering Romulans are masters of cloaking technology and sold their cheap knockoffs to the Klingons who can barely make it work?

You don't see the problem in giving a functional and significant statistical advantage to one group over others in a game that ostensibly tries to promote balance? Romulan captains have far and away the most offensive capacity of any species in-game in the space realm.
  • Options
    kchundakchunda Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You don't see the problem in giving a functional and significant statistical advantage to one group over others in a game that ostensibly tries to promote balance? Romulan captains have far and away the most offensive capacity of any species in-game in the space realm.

Let them have it. I prefer a challenge!
    Addicted: January 2012

batlh QIH 'ej!
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    focht666 wrote: »

Romulans developed the Cloaking tech, Sold the Klingons a less than bleeding edge model.
  • Options
    bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited May 2013
    Borg boffs are great for ground, not so great for space. Efficient as a trait doesn't really benefit over having in this example subterfuge, romulan operative or infiltrator. If you have a full crew with efficient and a captain you only get +3 or 4 power to the low subsystems if I remember correctly. It's hardly worth it IMO.

As for Fed and KDF, they can get superior romulan operative and subterfuge via the embassy for their tactical boffs. I think allowing a little bit to the allies is alright but how's about we play with it for a few weeks to a month before we break out the nerf guns?

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.