test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Impressions

stohansonstohanson Member Posts: 106 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Romulan Discussion
I've been playing this game since closed BETA, I have to say without a doubt this was the most fun I've ever had playing STO. I truly loved the new look and feel of the User Interface when I had incoming communications. It felt more Star Trek, the tutorial was fantastic, and the missions are very clever.

10 out of 10.
Post edited by stohanson on

Comments

• Options
    entropyratentropyrat Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't open a new thread for whatever reason so I'll be posting in here.

Loving the expansion from the little I've seen. I always said that if Romulans ever became playable I'd come play STO, and now here I am fresh to all of this game.

My question is this...

At the end of the Romulan starter ship combat you meet someone from the Romulan Republic who gives you the offer to join. I was exhausted and clicked that I would join, if I had declined would the game have actually let me decline? Or would the dialogue loop around and make me join anyway?
    If you're a RPer and looking for a place to play your Neverwinter PC pre-launch please check out the following thread. Sigil: Planar Legends
  • Options
    alaerickalaerick Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hate the new UI.. but otherwise good job.
    A beautiful death awaits you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
    Campaign: The Battle of Neverwinter - NWS-DOQXFA4ZD
    Prologue: A not so simple plan - NW-DCJG75B9D
  • Options
    bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    entropyrat wrote: »
    I can't open a new thread for whatever reason so I'll be posting in here.

Loving the expansion from the little I've seen. I always said that if Romulans ever became playable I'd come play STO, and now here I am fresh to all of this game.

My question is this...

At the end of the Romulan starter ship combat you meet someone from the Romulan Republic who gives you the offer to join. I was exhausted and clicked that I would join, if I had declined would the game have actually let me decline? Or would the dialogue loop around and make me join anyway?
    New forum members can't post their own threads for 10 days, to prevent spammers from jumping in all the time.

AFAIK, you wind up having to join the Romulan Republic in order to progress the story.
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • Options
    renomillerrenomiller Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone know how to get to the surface of New Romulus, like the staging area from before the expansion is that gone, how do I get there?
  • Options
    entropyratentropyrat Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    New forum members can't post their own threads for 10 days, to prevent spammers from jumping in all the time.

AFAIK, you wind up having to join the Romulan Republic in order to progress the story.

Thanks for that, mate.
    If you're a RPer and looking for a place to play your Neverwinter PC pre-launch please check out the following thread. Sigil: Planar Legends
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Impressions? I'm very impressed! :)

I made an elaborate post in another thread, so I'm not doing it again, I'll just say that I love the new everything and I can't remember when was the last time I had so much fun with a game. :)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    renomiller wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to get to the surface of New Romulus, like the staging area from before the expansion is that gone, how do I get there?

You have to be level 50 to enter that area.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    magnumstarmagnumstar Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It took a bit but I finally got my Rom character made. I was impressed with all the new features and the tutorial was nicely done, it gave you the Luke Skywalker feel, a simple farmer getting dragged into the bigger galaxy. Having a home type starting point gives the Romulan players more of an identity with their character, its something they should think about doing with the KDF and UFP as well. So far I am extremely pleased with the new Romulan content and I hope that one day they get to be a faction in their own right.