test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skirts and the lack off

bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
Where are they for the Romulans? You guys designed them, the darn mannequin on the flottila sported one, where are they?

Im forced to wear half skirt that doesnt match any of the uniform jackets???

Id even break down and at least use the ferengi skirt...oh wait its fed only...or kdf only not ally friendly...grr

What is up with the lack of skirts in this game for non fed?

Also what is up with the diferent leg models used with diferent skirts?? Antares and Sierra my legs look thin, but the tos skirts my legs have some shape...and before people go well thats cause they are higher...look closer, its not just the thigh area..its the full leg that has a diferent shape to it

I asked for this back on test, the concept art was there, the stuff is shown ingame for npcs but its like we arent as special as npcs are or something...

I just want to see the skirts available to all if we ally fed we should get all the fed skirts available, the lobi skirts should go with whatever ally we sided with as well, kdf could use a couple more...not asking for the world, just something for us Romulans besides handme down pants and bulky boots...
tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

Post edited by bunansa on

Comments

• earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol, overall, I'd like to see more skirts, (& tops), for the female characters, period, but then again, to me, outfits are something I like to get in a game.

Herte's a novel idea.....KILTS!!!! for the Scotsmen out there, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about they fix skirts first? I would really love to beam up without flashing all of ESD my knickers.
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree. that half skirt does not fit anything, I will never wear it.
    Wish there was normal skirts.

Also... I would like to see the make option of that shirt with the half sleeves for female.
  • smallbrainfieldsmallbrainfield Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol, overall, I'd like to see more skirts, (& tops), for the female characters, period, but then again, to me, outfits are something I like to get in a game.

Herte's a novel idea.....KILTS!!!! for the Scotsmen out there, lol.

There were kilts on the Enterprise D in early episodes of TNG. They didn't last long though. Might be a fun one to stick in the Lobi emporium?
  • aliendejouraliendejour Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is one actual skirt on the Romulan side, but you have to buy the TOS costume on the C-store. It runs about 550 and it's called 22nd Century or something like that.
  • shantavishantavi Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    buddha1369 wrote: »
    How about they fix skirts first? I would really love to beam up without flashing all of ESD my knickers.

I'd also like my character's legs to not become almost half as thin when I put on *any* skirt other than the TOS Split and TOS Nurse skirts.

"Back on topic. Destinii is correct."

(Formerly Destinii until the 'Great PWE Forum Shakeup of 2012')
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shantavi wrote: »
    I'd also like my character's legs to not become almost half as thin when I put on *any* skirt other than the TOS Split and TOS Nurse skirts.

Ya i mentioned that in the top post as well...

also...apparently my F key stuck on the title thread lol

anyway...after finaly getting a romulan made on actual holodeck last night, made it to 16, and once again sat there going...wtf is my skirts

WHY AM I FORCED TO LOOK LIKE A BUM CRYPTIC???? gosh...romulan females arent allowed to look good?

(side note, hair styles still look fake, the new ones i mean, plus we didnt get any of the ones in the sketches /disapointed )

Back on course...Simple fix is to allow characters allied to have access to the allied stuff, but than we know where this leads...the oh boo hoo romulans now have more clothing than fed or kdf thread...so...the true simple fix is...give us our damn skirts and own unique dresses...also

wheres my off duty look? I had it on test, but now it wont let me choose that anymore for my Romulan...stuck looking like a guerilla fighter since MAY 21 2013 (lets see how bad that seems in a years time)

• captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There were kilts on the Enterprise D in early episodes of TNG. They didn't last long though. Might be a fun one to stick in the Lobi emporium?

how do you know they were kilts? Did you look up every male crewman's skirt to see if he wasn't wearing underwear? Back on Topic, I'd like to see more skirt options, and even for the Fed crew I have on my Warbird I'd like them to wear the Romulan outfits even have the hairs... wonder why Vulcan's only have the updo and the Romulans only have the bangs?
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Speaking of kilts...

Montgomery Scott wore a kilt quite often as part of his TOS Dress Uniform.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While we're on the subject of skirts...

Warrior Skirt/Warrior Decorated Skirt for KDF - why are boots automatically selected and unalterable if you put them on a character? I don't think I'm the only one who would want their female Orion BOffs (and Captains, for those players with them) to be able to wear their Orion Sandals with the Warrior Skirt, but we can't - they have to wear the boots.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    edited May 2013
    While we're on the subject of skirts...

Warrior Skirt/Warrior Decorated Skirt for KDF - why are boots automatically selected and unalterable if you put them on a character? I don't think I'm the only one who would want their female Orion BOffs (and Captains, for those players with them) to be able to wear their Orion Sandals with the Warrior Skirt, but we can't - they have to wear the boots.

Something I had not noticed with my orion...ill review that next time i log in...

Wheres my options DEVS?

GIVE ME SKIRTS OR GIVE ME DEATH!

• shantavishantavi Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bunansa wrote: »
    Ya i mentioned that in the top post as well...

Yes, however, its such a big issue (to me) because it effects *every* skirt except only two (than I know of), I wanted to make sure it was mentioned again. :)

"Back on topic. Destinii is correct."

(Formerly Destinii until the 'Great PWE Forum Shakeup of 2012')
    edited May 2013
    shantavi wrote: »
    Yes, however, its such a big issue (to me) because it effects *every* skirt except only two (than I know of), I wanted to make sure it was mentioned again. :)

Mentioning it one more time...

SKIRTS DEVS!!

fix em, make em, put em in game, just for the love of all that is trek...please let me have some more non uniform clothing for my Romulan...or give me the damn skirt that is SUPPOSE TO BE WITH THE FED ALLY...KDF Ally gets the fingerless gloves that are shown in the pic, but wheres my skirt thats show in the pic...

honestly dont know what else to say

The Tos Regular and Tos Nurse skirt gives your character legs a much more feminine curve but the rest of the skirts suddenly make my legs look like ally mcbeal...whats up with that>?
    why the diferent leg models for skirts???

and wheres the skirts

wheres the skirts....skirts skirts skirts skirts skirts skirts skirts skirts

wheres my off duty tab? STOP FORCING MY ROMULAN TO BE BORING LOOKING GOSH

please guys i know you can drop in this thread and say something...anything...and no Taco...not the word something....I know how you mexican vampire foods think!
    Im talking about a dev popping in this thread and letting us all know stuff is on the way..

otherwise ill walk away from this game honest.

• malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While I do not usually play female characters, I have to agree with the request. It gets old seeing all the females in the Flotilla and Command Center wearing pants.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    While I do not usually play female characters, I have to agree with the request. It gets old seeing all the females in the Flotilla and Command Center wearing pants.

Thanks for the agreement!

Help spread the word ingame and get more to post here their thoughts and concerns with the total lack of female non uniform clothing for Romulans and KDF

get our skirts fixed/ingame
    get our off duty outfits back! (we had access to them on tribble so why not now?)

As a few the chances of this being considered a more important issue/topic, so we need numbers, I ask for everyone to help spread the word

WE WANT OUR SKIRTS!

• isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously, is it that important? 25th century women commanding starships and fighting Gorn and what-not, why on earth would they be wearing skirts? Never made much sense to me. Off duty, if you must, but as a uniform? Can you just imagine someone running across a battlefield in Afghanistan in a miniskirt? Because that's how silly it can look in PvE battles sometime.
    edited May 2013
    That's your opinion - this is ours.

It's not even necessarily about having the skirts themselves, it's just as much about having the option to have the skirts if we so choose.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Obviously in the future, nylons are made of high tech nanomaterials invulnerable to abrasion, puncture, and cuts. :P

The Twiggy-leg issue is very frustrating to me, much more so than the lack of options in skirts. Basically makes it impossible to wear any skirts except for the handful of fed skirts that still have attractive looking legs. There could be a thousand skirt options for Romulans, and if they all had the Twiggy legs I wouldn't wear any of them.
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support this thread, My Rommie might bare to use a fed/rom uniform if it had a skirt to go with it but as it doesn't she is forced to use the civilian ones (which look great I might add), imagine how silly that will look when it comes to STFs...

I like the idea of wider selections of everything for female characters and especially skirts all round!
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • jlg73jlg73 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is one actual skirt on the Romulan side, but you have to buy the TOS costume on the C-store. It runs about 550 and it's called 22nd Century or something like that.

Yes but it has horrible clipping making it only usable with handful of tops at best. So please add some more options or give bunasa death!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    jlg73 wrote: »
    Yes but it has horrible clipping making it only usable with handful of tops at best. So please add some more options or give bunasa death!

Ya death doesnt sound so bad at 130 am....

anyway...

fix our existing skirts ....and get us romulans some skirts to wear!

not the 1 half skirt dress that doesnt look right with any pair of TRIBBLE boots we get or jacket tops nor the TOS skirt that has horrid clipping issues with anything and still doesnt match really anything either....

I mean if you take the time to design it why not put it ingame....choose ally screen clearly shows the fed ally in a fed allied jacket with MATCHING SKIRT and the kdf ally shows the kdf allied jacket and fingerless gloves...they got the gloves...wheres my skirt tho?

get the fed allied skirt ingame...whip up some other skirt that either side can use that looks decent with at least a few tops...and give us a pair of nice skin tight boots that dont make me look like im going fly fishing (all the boot options currently available)

And once again as a side note...why was the off duty and formal tabs removed for the romulans? we had it on test and i was able to make some decent looks with the merc stuff and robes...we rommies arent even allowed robes unless we have the tier 3 embassy robes...which im pretty sure...we cant use.

SKIRTS...my food replicator rations for some damn SKIRTS

• dhiemmdhiemm Member Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So wheres the skirt thats is show in the pic of the Fed ally? :confused:
    DHIEMM.png

Join date July 08
  • sarovensaroven Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There definitely should be more skirt and clothing options for Romulan females. I was honestly disappointed when I wanted to give me female Boffs a variety of looks and saw how restricted the options were.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So lets start with adding the skirt. Simple, easy, no-brainer. Make it so. :)

Then from there, we can go with skants and skorts and LOTS of other clothing customization options for Romulans AND the KDF! :o
    edited May 2013
    bunansa wrote: »
    And once again as a side note...why was the off duty and formal tabs removed for the romulans? we had it on test and i was able to make some decent looks with the merc stuff and robes...

Yeah, that one's kinda annoying - why DON'T the KDF and Romulans have 'Off-Duty' and 'Formal' options (Ignoring the Romuan 'Formal' outfit that's actually just a pre-Republic uniform option), only the Federation?

The current formal options, I can understand for KDF not having - a Klingon in a suit is a bit of a stretch... But Worf and Kahless both wear robes, which are 'Off-Duty' outfits, and the Mercenary 'Off-Duty' outfits can work with any race (Imagine a crew of Gorn, Letheans, Orions and Nausicaans without a Klingon on board, great for the Mercenary Off-Duty outfit for the Captain to wear).

But the Romulans could use it all - they have the 23rd Century (Listed as 22nd... why?) uniforms, but remember - the Female Commander from "Enterprise Incident" changed into a dress when she was trying to seduce Spock into joining the Star Empire and handing over the Enterprise. Plus, the Off-Duty outfits (Mercenary especially) fit in great with the other pre-Republic outfits that Romulans can choose during character creation. It's not that hard a stretch to imagine a Romulan Mercenary hired to help provide security for the Virinat colony while it's rebuilding and choosing to stay afterwards until the Elachi/Tal Shiar attack happened...
    edited May 2013
    Well as a side note...the offduty and formal options are under the HEAD option...not UNIFORM option....

lets just be honest bout this...there was nothing wrong with the original character tailor screens...but now there is...the simple fact you cant even zoom nearly as well as before...dumb dumb dumb

But to point out...the formal and off duty options TRIBBLE up your character and stuff, its a pain its like no thats not what you looked like you looked like this issue....sometimes i can get it to load my old look back and than work from that point other times not...its like trying to do any pve queue...cross fingers hope for best

anyway...as I have stated several times...

wheres the damn skirts? It was designed and created so where is it? (FED ALLY PICTURE)

I always have troubles trying to upload pictures here so if someone else can id appreciate it...

SKIRTS

• bevrastbevrast Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also would like to have more female clothing options. I don't get why it is so limited? Perhaps most people playing are male, but we want something nice to look at!
    draco dormiens nunquam titillandus
    CHRIST.png
  • eafirstlasteafirstlast Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In the future, all female combat officers must wear miniskirts!
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, the skirt from the mentioned picture needs to be added for the Romulan faction. It was obviously intended to be a part of the outfit for females as the artwork for it has been done. I have no idea why it's not availible, I hope it's somekind of bug/glitch that can easily be fixed.

And please Cryptic, don't dare pulling the warrior's skirt stunt on this one, we have many things to waste lobi on as it is. This needs to be a part of the Fed.-alligned outfit and any other skirts you add in the future should go to C-Store.
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited May 2013
    I might be asking for too much here...but could the designer of the wonderful romulan fed allied skirt that is missing please poke in here and state at least why its missing???

Honestly...all these art threads and i think i see a dev pop in once a month as like a check the box thing.....

We pay you guys...so therefore were the employers...you are the employees and last time i looked...the employee answers to the employer