test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Dhael

stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Romulan Discussion
I'm not one to typically get caught up in aesthetics, but sweet Jesus is that ship beautiful. I was honestly a bit worried from the concept art that it would be as blocky and clunky as the Dhelan but...

Wow. Just wow.

That is all. Insert Zephram Cochrane gif at your own discretion.
Post edited by stirling191 on

Comments

• ojisama1ojisama1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with you. I just drooled at the design exterior and interior. Fed ships look sooo ancient compared. Cryptic have talented artisit worth every peeny they pay them. Keep up the good work. I'm seriously considering now upgrading my account. Cheers
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited May 2013
    Funny how that thing with taste is. I find it to be extremely ugly and disproportional.
    4 more levels and i never have to touch it again.
  • cifer2020cifer2020 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now to me - the Mogai is a work of art. I don't like any other Romulan ships oddly enough.
  • fyyarprydefyyarpryde Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is pretty dang ugly. I was wondering, can we use the Dhelan skin, as it looks much better?

EDIT: Yes, you can use the Dhelan ship skin on the Dhael.
  • earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol, I was going to say, that I liked the Dhelan Warbird's looks, the best. But to each their own, if you like it, stand up and say it! :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love the wing options on the Dhael, I was not fond of the twin wing design on tribble but being able to customize the wings was a nice surprise, I went the single wing design.
  • mrgrocer56mrgrocer56 Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Single wing Dhael rocks! To me, it looks like the Rom version of a klink BoP; which I think they were going for
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    I love the wing options on the Dhael, I was not fond of the twin wing design on tribble but being able to customize the wings was a nice surprise, I went the single wing design.

I never really had a problem with the twin wing. My biggest issue with the Dhelan was the fact that the stock model had that ridiculous right angle where the top wings connected to the primary hull.

The Dhael variant does away with that, and synchs beautifully with the "tail fins" on the primary hull. My only gripe is that the nacelles look a little askew in relation to the beak.
  • mrgrocer56mrgrocer56 Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WAR DUCKS! ASSEMBLE! lol :)
  • thadedthaded Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I never really had a problem with the twin wing. My biggest issue with the Dhelan was the fact that the stock model had that ridiculous right angle where the top wings connected to the primary hull.

The Dhael variant does away with that, and synchs beautifully with the "tail fins" on the primary hull. My only gripe is that the nacelles look a little askew in relation to the beak.

The dhelan has customizable wings as well now, with smoother double wing and single wing options which essentially solved this particular issue.
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited May 2013
    the main issue is i think the angled to the flight direction main hull. Throws me off from holding a straight line when flying it.
  • nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not one to typically get caught up in aesthetics, but sweet Jesus is that ship beautiful. I was honestly a bit worried from the concept art that it would be as blocky and clunky as the Dhelan but...

Wow. Just wow.

That is all. Insert Zephram Cochrane gif at your own discretion.
    Indeed reached for my wallet as soon as I started toying with it at the ship tailor
    to each their own, if you like it, stand up and say it! :cool:

:rolleyes:
    :cool:
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oops wrong thread.
    edited May 2013
    the main issue is i think the angled to the flight direction main hull. Throws me off from holding a straight line when flying it.

I know precisely what you mean. What I've taken to doing is using the leading edge of the sweep of the lower wings (Dhael 1 configuration) as my guide instead of the "beak" of the primary hull. Cut down on alot of my issues keeping cannons on target (I still get some when I'm in really close, but I think that has more to do with hitbox wonkiness than spatial dyslexia).
  • neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can someone post up images of the single wing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shockwaveomegashockwaveomega Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meheheheh War Ducks :P Well I do like the ship as well. They have some nice artists working over @ Cryptic.
    Would love to design a ship as well.
  • starsvoidstarsvoid Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is it just me, or is turning tilt on low speed insufficient? I dunno, it jumped out at me, where it usually doesn't when I fly ships at 1/4 impulse. "Oh, it's in a flat spin. Huh?"

Maybe I'm just too accustomed to BoP's.
    edited May 2013
    starsvoid wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is turning tilt on low speed insufficient? I dunno, it jumped out at me, where it usually doesn't when I fly ships at 1/4 impulse. "Oh, it's in a flat spin. Huh?"

Maybe I'm just too accustomed to BoP's.

Keep in mind that you're likely going to experience considerably lower than normal turning performance on the T2 version due to the inherently lower power levels.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quick question about this ship. So if I want to get the discount on the fleet version of this, do I need to get the dhelan retrofit version or can I get the dhael? I've never done the fleet ship thing before (always just used C-store ships) so I'm not sure on which one I need.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited May 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    Quick question about this ship. So if I want to get the discount on the fleet version of this, do I need to get the dhelan retrofit version or can I get the dhael? I've never done the fleet ship thing before (always just used C-store ships) so I'm not sure on which one I need.

You'll need the T5 version to get the fleet module discount. However, the T5 variant does not come with the Dhael skin (IE: if you buy solely the T5 version, you won't have access to the Dhael costume unlock).
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Right on, thanks. :)
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • starsvoidstarsvoid Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Keep in mind that you're likely going to experience considerably lower than normal turning performance on the T2 version due to the inherently lower power levels.

Not talking about the actual performance, per se, but the graphical tilt of the ship in respect to the performance.
  • ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My favorite thing about the ship is the ample choices to change the configuration. I have a very simple looking Dhael, which is fitting because it almost looks like it could be a civillian ship, and since my crew are Privateers and Mercenaries, it works awesome for completing the immersion.

What I hate about the Dhael...it doesn't level up with you. Now that would make it a truly AWESOME ship! ;)

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A great looking ship and I do like the configuration options, especially to take off the top wing if you dont like it.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was surprised about the wing choices, I really liked what I was able to do with it.

My only gripe, and its minor, but annoyed me the whole time I was in it, is that is flys pointing down. If you look at it sideways you can see the engine trails don't come straight out of the nacels. It was disorienting sometimes because it was hard to tell if I was going down or straight.
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reximuz wrote: »
    I was surprised about the wing choices, I really liked what I was able to do with it.

My only gripe, and its minor, but annoyed me the whole time I was in it, is that is flys pointing down. If you look at it sideways you can see the engine trails don't come straight out of the nacels. It was disorienting sometimes because it was hard to tell if I was going down or straight.

Someone posted an image of the engine trail issue on another thread.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=703911

It looks like a good ship design though, and I am pleased I found your thread. I think I will be getting it at some point today. :)