test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TOS Romulan Uniform Colorization issues *team continues to investigate*

celendiscelendis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
The TOS Romulan uniform seems to have a problem with at least the following areas:

1. Male pants cannot be colored.
2. Female shirt and sash have different color palettes and you cannot match colors.
Post edited by celendis on

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    celendis wrote: »
    The TOS Romulan uniform seems to have a problem with at least the following areas:

1. Male pants cannot be colored.
    2. Female shirt and sash have different color palettes and you cannot match colors.

Think they got the wrong colour boxes for the male pants and female top.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can confirm that I'm having this problem as well. It really stinks that something that was as heavily promoted as the TOS Romulan uniforms don't even look right.

Of course, it's still incredibly difficult to login and play so I don't expect the devs to fix this problem with the new TOS uniforms soon.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • shantavishantavi Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I put in a post about it in the gameplay bugs section, and later when I'm in game, I'm going to bug that as well.

However, there are more bugs with the 23rd century outfit on the women's uniform.

The skirt and top seem to be different materials - shiny and matte respectively, which looks very odd. You can see where the material differs which doesn't make it look like a minidress.

Also, I couldn't change the colors of the boots at all. it looks like all three sections are completely missing the palettes. EDIT: The color issue on the boots seemed to be when making a Romulan Borg - a Romulan character had no problem changing boot color, which had the standard uniform color palette.

"Back on topic. Destinii is correct."

(Formerly Destinii until the 'Great PWE Forum Shakeup of 2012')
  • thomas28ththomas28th Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Work Around: select one of the other pants that has 3 or 4 color options. Change all them to the color you want, and then change back to the tos pants.
  • guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well. Thanks for saving me 550z, I guess.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3: The scarf/sash has joined the mirror sash and dress outfits in it's ability to defy gravity.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://imageshack.us/a/img838/2182/screenshot2013052207534.jpg

It's not perfect but there are some options on the pallets that can match for (what I think) is a decent end result.

But the number of costume parts using different colour pallets is to me, rather odd. Can't we just get a single pallet for all costumes regardless of race or at least unified by faction?

This issue actually exists with *all* skirts except for the TOS Split Skirt and the TOS Nurse's skirt. It's very disconcerting and almost makes any but the two non-bugged skirts unusable for me.

"Back on topic. Destinii is correct."

(Formerly Destinii until the 'Great PWE Forum Shakeup of 2012')
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    defalus wrote: »

But the number of costume parts using different colour pallets is to me, rather odd. Can't we just get a single pallet for all costumes regardless of race or at least unified by faction?

THIS!!! Oh, for the love of Trek, will the devs pay attention to THIS!!!!

Why is the color/colour pallet a variable list in the first place? Why can't it always be the same pallet for all clothing items so that we NEVER run into the problem where two articles of clothing that are supposed to be the same color aren't the same color?

I can accept it if the pallet has a huge variety of colors to pick from ... that's better than having two pieces of a uniform that are supposed to match but don't because we cannot select the same color for both items.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having the same problem. :( Please just make it all one palate.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Why is the color/colour pallet a variable list in the first place? Why can't it always be the same pallet for all clothing items so that we NEVER run into the problem where two articles of clothing that are supposed to be the same color aren't the same color?

I can accept it if the pallet has a huge variety of colors to pick from ... that's better than having two pieces of a uniform that are supposed to match but don't because we cannot select the same color for both items.

Oh yes.. I couldn't agree more.. please give us a single unified color palette.. would it really be that hard? And while at the topic.. Why are there so many strange clothing restrictions/bugs? The shoes from the fed "Motion Picture Uniform" pack for example can't be worn with skirts or the 7 of 9 suit anymore even though this was possible before Season 3!!! And there are countless more examples!!!
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The shoulder sash clips when you hold up a rifle too.

Quite visible on the character select screen where your BOFFS pose.

And yeah the color thing was kind of dumb. There's no good reason for this.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'd say make all non-Fed uniforms unrestricted but the reality is that even a lot of Fed uniforms are poorly represented by the limited palette.

I think they really need to look at just unrestricting the palette of everything. If they want anything to stay restricted, limit it to starting uniforms.

As is, there's a LOT of stuff (particularly most of the TOS Fed costumes) that can't be colored very accurately. It's always at least a few shades off because of the palette limits.
  • pharaoh6000pharaoh6000 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same issues and it's very frustrating - I can't color the male pants or match the female shirt and sash. I can sort of understand issues such as these on free items, but when something is paid for, it should come with a certain amount of guarantee regarding functionality.

Or maybe add an expanded disclaimer; "...colors can't be adjusted to match the picture, pants can't be colored at all." :)
    3D Art of my Captain, MYRR TALON
  • somberrepentancsomberrepentanc Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There's actually a work around for the male pants, its a pain in the neck, but w/e, just equip some other random pants, set their main color, and it will transfer over for the TOS pants
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why can't I put my Romulans TOS boots on tight pants? It's the future fashion can do whatever it wants.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd like to confirm how disappointed I am with this costume. I bought it today and found the color palette problem to be unacceptable.

The Sash category results in a sash divided in half for the female version. From the waist down and from the shoulder into the cape has the wrong palette made available from the palette used on the Upper Body category. I consider this a bug.

Also, the Romulan Helmet was left off the Head Type for female Romulans. Just because we only saw women in a Commander role in the Original Series doesn't mean they didn't wear a skirt with a helmet while working up through the ranks. :rolleyes:

And the male version of the Lower - Pants category can't even be reset properly with the palette it offers. Which, by the way, is also the wrong palette from the Upper category.

Is this going to be fixed in the near future?
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Despite the most recent patch notes, the 22nd Century Romulan uniform still uses different palette options for the uniform sections (Uniform palette for both top and skirt) and the sash section (off-duty palette).

• neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Romulan 22nd century uniforms are still bugged for Female Romulans, the Color palette only shows Federation colors for the Upper category , and the Sash has the Romulan colors so they don't match.

The male colors are working fine.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Still bugged male and female for me.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Color pallete is still bugged, it looks like there were no fixes at all for my female boff. The belt clips unless you make your character overweight with max waist slider, and the skirt clips with most other uniforms to.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm looking over my Romulan, female Commander. I note that the palette for lower and upper categories are the same set. However, the Sash palette is still wrong. So the Sash won't blend properly with whatever color I select from the Upper category. For the panel down the uniforms right side?

Please continue to work on that detail?

Though the palette for the Romulan male seems more in sync. Although, I noticed the palette does distinguish
    better the purple (far left) from the black (far right) along the bottom most row of choices. So I re-chose the black at the far right for both my belt and boots today.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    psiameese wrote: »
    I'm looking over my Romulan, female Commander. I note that the palette for lower and upper categories are the same set. However, the Sash palette is still wrong. So the Sash won't blend properly with whatever color I select from the Upper category. For the panel down the uniforms right side?

Please continue to work on that detail?

Though the palette for the Romulan male seems more in sync. Although, I noticed the palette does distinguish
    better the purple (far left) from the black (far right) along the bottom most row of choices. So I re-chose the black at the far right for both my belt and boots today.

Yeap same issue it was suppose to be fixed in todays patch and it wasn't, and not only the tent but to be accurate it suppose to be pinkish burgundy color lol , yes I am a guy and don't know my colors lol http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/05/06/captains-log-playing-with-legacy-of-romulus-characters-in-star/

but they are different colors I wounder if its based on rank or there field of work.
    http://www.startrek.com/database_article/decius
  • millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just submitted a ticket on this issue, disappointed in the patch notes for giving me a false sense of hope =P

Ticket ID #1,870,144

Between this, various other color palette issues on Romulan attire, Fed TNG pants no longer being Fed TNG pants, ship colors no longer being customizable...it's a little awkward for players who like to put a little more into their looks...
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The palettes are still bugged for both my female Romulans (Reman KDF and Liberated Borg Fed).
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes TOS Romulan uniform is still bugged. I have a Romulan KDF allied female toon. Sash and tunic colours still don't match. Sash uses Romulan colour palette. Tunic uses drab KDF palette. Can't select a nice green for tunic and sash.

So called patch fix has done nothing.:confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited July 2013
  • voodookobravoodookobra Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i know this isnt a bug but i would like to put the helmet on female chars as well as male
  • cearavcearav Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same problem here. Colors are not working and major clipping issues with the skirt and shirt.