test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No mention of Mobius Device AKA "Suicide Console" in patch notes

starmagexx1starmagexx1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
big sads here. They fixed some other stuff, but still no love for the suicide console. This makes me all kinds of sad. The Mobius Temporal Destroyer is my favorite.
Post edited by starmagexx1 on

Comments

• captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What are you talking about?
  • kregorkregor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    captsol wrote: »
    What are you talking about?

I believe they are takling about the (perfectly reasonable) drawbacks to using the Manheim Device console that comes with the Mobius.

Essentially, they want it to be made idiot proof, when all it really takes is a bit of forethought before use.
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    big sads here. They fixed some other stuff, but still no love for the suicide console. This makes me all kinds of sad. The Mobius Temporal Destroyer is my favorite.

Do a wikipedia link or somthing or you just look mental.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't recall it ever needing any adjustments or fixes...

And yes, it's working like it's supposed to. If your past image is destroyed, you're boned. You actually have to use your brain before you use the console.

Or do what everyone else does and...not use it period. :P
  • captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    I don't recall it ever needing any adjustments or fixes...

And yes, it's working like it's supposed to. If your past image is destroyed, you're boned. You actually have to use your brain before you use the console.

Or do what everyone else does and...not use it period. :P

Time Paradoxes, rooting out idiots from the timestream since time began. :)
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I think its drawback IS overtuned.

It need not be idiot proof. I do think having your decoy get destroyed by environmental damage limits you from using it too much on big fights.

In my opinion, one of three things should eventually happen:

- Environmental damage doesn't get passed on.

- The decoys are made immune to EV damage.

- Triggering "Brace for Impact" on your ship triggers your decoys to also "Brace for Impact"
  • ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I think its drawback IS overtuned.

It need not be idiot proof. I do think having your decoy get destroyed by environmental damage limits you from using it too much on big fights.

In my opinion, one of three things should eventually happen:

- Environmental damage doesn't get passed on.

- The decoys are made immune to EV damage.

- Triggering "Brace for Impact" on your ship triggers your decoys to also "Brace for Impact"

All of those three things should happen.
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's the problem with it:

Damage gets passed from your past self decoy to you and from your present self to your future self decoy.

This is all well and good as a balancing tool.

However, if you use it on any STF fight with less than 20 seconds left in it, your decoys are not smart enough to get distance or use "brace for impact" and will die, killing you. I think this is a legitimate issue as it's an AI limitation you can't counter and you can't dismiss the pets either.

A secondary issue might be in fights where distance is required or something bad will happen like a high damage weapon, which is annoying but something that can be planned for. Mind you, I'd be happy if they never included this mechanic in an STF again.

They really built this stuff around a sniping mentality. I hate sniping playstyle. If I can't see the pixils in the texture of my enemy's eyes, I'm too far away.

But that's a design thing. The only real "flaw" I see is that it's pretty much a guaranteed death whenever an enemy explodes big. I'm not a fan of the EV explosions anyway. I like ships passing through the explosions of other ships unscathed, not constantly having to maintain distance. Granted, I CAN maintain distance if I HAVE TO (I think it looks less cool) but the annoying thing here is that I can't force my decoys to maintain distance and die, effectively, because their AI is bad.
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its not a bad console if you use it right. but then on the other hand it can be too easy to fry yourself with it if your not careful what keys your are pounding on lol....i just take the skill off my hotbar and keep the console for the set bonus....works for me lol
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."