test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

She should have been named the U.S.S. Poirot

llywarchllywarch Member Posts: 224 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Captain's Table (RP)
Rito station was a friendly sight to any Starfleet Officer based near the Klingon boarder. She was the halfway point between Earth and the Eta Eridani Sector. It was a good place to resupply, for Officers from different ships to exchange gossip and adventures they had while away from port. Rito Station was a home away from home for any officer who had the unfortunate chance to be this far away from home. One of those Officers was Captain Rhys Llywarch of the USS Hartford.

((Just an image I choose to be Rito Station))
http://evilgenius180.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/weirdspacedock_01a.jpg

The USS Hartford was an aging Exeter Class Starship. She had entered Service almost two hundred years ago, being refit and retired and brought into service several times over the next two centuries. Most Career officers like Captain Llywarch would have found themselves pining over the fact the ship seemed to be a career ending spot. But he was happy to have been given the honour of dealing with a ship with such a storied Career and history. Rhys sat in his chair in the centre of the bridge and watched Rito station slowly crawl into view of the view screen.

"Captain." An Ensign manning the controls turned his head to speak to Rhys. "Rito Station is giving us permission to attach and begin our resupply." Captain Llywarch ran his fingers thru his hair and began to speak in his thick welsh accent. "Aye, Thas good. Ef you cin bring tha' ship en quickly without a mistake I'll make sure ya git some shoreleave here." The Ensign smiled brightly with a quick "Yes Sir!"

The Exeter class starship began her docking procedure into Rito station. "Keep et Steady, Ensign." Rhys said as he looked over the docking wings, He could see several other ships firmly docked into the station. He was happy to know that he could go talk to a few other Captains and find out how the war is going on the other end of things. The ship began to park itself next to another ship almost as old as the Hartford itself. A yellowing Oberth class Science vessel.

Rhys was about to issue the final docking orders and congratulate the Ensign on his good work when a huge roar filled the bridge. "Whats going on out the--" Rhys was cut off as the entire ship rocked to port. Rhys was thrown from his chair and onto the floor as were several other members of the bridge crew. Rhys clawed his way back up to the chair as several smaller aftershocks continue to rock the ship. "Red Alert! Somebody tell me whats happening!"

The Ensign having made his way back to his chair begins to type into the controls. "Come on Ensign! Touch blind right now!" The Ensign touches his ear to listen to the orders being given from Rito Station. "Sir! There has been an attack on the shipyards....They are telling me no ships are coming in or out of the local system until the culprit is caught!"

((I was in the mood to write a good old fashion murder mystery. If your interested just write up a reply and we can start investigation!))
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rito Station is hailing all ships in the sector. It is on a loop, and is available for listening.
  • talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A few minutes before...

The U.S.S. Eclipse NX-80800, is an Odyssey-class science variant. Unlike her sister ships, the Eclipse is wider and vertically shorter. Her saucer-section more triangular and elongated; the stardrive section modified with 20% of her decks used to support aquatic/amphibic life. She is a change towards a ship whose crew is not primarily bipedal. At the moment, she is undergoing the last stages of her construction at the Rito shipyard following a rather poor shakedown cruise.

Ambassador Tal nodded with satisfaction as the cetacean deck bio-filters came online.

"Finally." She thought to herself as she propped a long thin hand onto the transparent wall. Just on the other side a beluga whale swam out of the murk and playfully nudged its head onto the wall. It offered a song and click, swimming back to its pod, the Quorum ambassador smiled in return. After slowly conversing with a xindi-aquatic crewman, Tal made a few quick adjustments to the ambient lighting and water temperature.

Exiting the laboratory, Tal made her way down the curved hall towards the turbolift.

"Ambassador! Pardon me, Captain Everett wishes to speak with you in his ready room." Ensign Mckay Park, a rather thin young human walked/ran briskly to catch up. "Sorry, the Utopia engineering team just changed the band on the communication system. Otherwi-"

"All is well Ensign Park." Tal spoke with a mix of sing-song voices, and offered an understanding nod. "Let us not keep the Captain waiting."

The unlikely pair entered the turbolift without another word.

"Bridge." The turbolift thrummed to life and began its journey across the ship. Ensign Park clasped his hands behind the small of his back. "How are the cetacean crew settling in?"

The Ambassador tilted her head slightly, "They seem to be adjusting well enough. Although they inform me they feel that there is a slight misalignment in the torque sensors. Cetaceans are quite sensitive to these things you see."

"I would say that is interesting." The turbolift came to a slow stop... the door hissing partially open, then sticking. "Hm... this is the wrong deck, sorry they're still working on a few kinks. Bridge." The doors hushed closed (with some manual help from the ensign) as the turbolift thrummed back to life, this time on its intended route towards the saucer-section.

"I will infor-"

A loud deafening explosion filled the air. Everything flew upwards, the lift occupants slamming into the ceiling as the ship shuddered again. The lights went out... only to be replace a few moments later with the dimmer auxiliary lighting as they flicked on.

Tal rolled her back slowly. She was unharmed, the Ensign was alive but looked to be cradling an injury on his arm. She quickly looked around to get her bearings.
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
    edited May 2013
    After the explosion...
    U.S.S. Immortality; NCC-49240-B, Sovereign-class
    ((OOC: Because talzerotwo had the Sci Odyssey already)) has become a victim of the large explosion near his ship.

Flipped over his seat, Vice Admiral Elendro Elessedil boosts himself up to his seat, and shakes his head. His vision is blurred, and his pointy ears are very sensitive at the moment. Around him, the crew aboard his ship are disoriented. A medical team and an engineering team arrive at the scene.

A medic comes to the admiral, and stands to attention. He stands erect, and in a stern, but caring voice, he says,
    "Please state the nature of the medical emergency."

It takes a few seconds for Elessedil's sight to recover to see that the ship's Sentient Medical Hologram, codenamed 'Doc' for short, was the one standing in front of him. Starfleet Engineering had already implemented holo-emitters for the ship, Doc could move himself from location to location as the situation deemed fit.

Elendro looks up with a smile, and sighs with relief
    "Doc, am I glad to see you. I believe my damages are mostly superfluous. Or, at least, recoverable. You should pay attention to Ms. Shirayuki over there. Her console exploded on her back."

Doc begins to walk to the Tactical console with an "Aye, Captain," and he scans the Lt. Commander's burns.

With the Engineering team is the ship's android, Neuron. He quickly analyses the bridge. The Operations console is knocked out, and there is a small leak in the EPS conduit. Lying right next to Neuron are both Lieutenants Seven of Eleven and Nine of Eleven, who appeared to have been exchanging information, as their neural processors were both uploading and downloading. Neuron runs a medical and mechanical scan on the two. Both just knocked out cold. He speaks directly to the other medics, "Get the Borg here to the Sick Bay. I will run back to Engineering and assess the situation."

---

[Ship Engineering]
    Neuron runs to Engineering, which is devoid of any organic life. The only visible workers are four Emergency Engineering Holograms and an Exocomp operating in the irradiated areas. Neuron stops an EEH short. "What is the status of our warp core?" he says.

Damaged, but manageable. Same with the EPS conduits, sir. I had all organics leave Engineering to assist with repairs in less... lethal zones.

Neuron acknowledges the assessment, and walks past the EEH, and takes a look at Damage Control. The starboard-aft quadrant of the ship is severely damaged. The starboard-stern quadrant is moderately damaged. The remainder of the ship is shaken, but holding.
    Neuron reaches for the communications. He hails Rito Station. He receives a reply.
    We're sorry, Rito Station is currently experiencing technical difficulties.
    'Technical difficulties.' This is Commander Neuron of the U.S.S. Immortality. Serial number 58723-09164-N.
    ...Code confirmed. Relaying you to a secure emergency line.
    For over five minutes, elevator music was being played in the background before Neuron closes the line. No-one would pick up.
    ...Or maybe no-one was able to pick up.
  • talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ((ooc you're more than welcome to use an oddy, mine's still under construction after all))
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
    edited May 2013
    talzerotwo wrote: »
    ((ooc you're more than welcome to use an oddy, mine's still under construction after all))

((OOC: No, that's alright.))